I was looking around the local gun shop when I saw one for around $650. It was their Sporter ECON rifle, an economy variant. What that means is that it does not come with a scope mount rail on the side. I am not sure if you can add something like that later or not. The fit and finish looked alright, better than my WASR10. Here is the blurb from the website.

http://www.ioinc.us/our-products?pag...&product_id=40
Our SPORTER rifle is made to true Polish blueprints. It comes with one 30 rd I.O.INC waffle pattern magazine and accessories. It is made to highest quality standards and has a parkerized finish. The rifle is made in the USA and backed up by a lifetime manufacturers warranty. Technical Data: Mil-Spec receiver -Barrel Lenght: 16.25" -1:10 RH twist -Black polymer stock and Picatinny rail forearm -Tactical pistol grip -Tactical sling swivel -Adjustable front and rear sight -Overall Lenght: 36" -Weight: 7lbs - Rifle will shoot 2" grouping with iron sights on 100 yards. Our economy model does not have the CNC machined scope mount rail. Please see our accessories like spare magazines, laser/light combos, tactical slings, scopes, scope mounts, bipods, etc. on our website.

Gun on the box it came in.

Closer up view with the bolt locked back.

Even closer shot looking in.

Left side view, note small gap toward front of dust cover. Not sure it WASR had that.

The muzzle, it says IO Inc.

I have not had time to shoot it yet, because I have been busy cleaning my magazines. I have been using CLP on the inside to hopefully improve performance. Spray it, let it sit, and then wipe clean. The gun its self will get lubed before use with More CLP, and some gun grease. I hope between the new gun and cleaning/lube, this will result in a reliable platform.