Mitt Romney is going around saying that he made all his money himself, aside from a loan from his dad to buy his first house.

“They were not easy years. You have to understand, I was raised in a lovely neighborhood, as was Mitt, and at BYU, we moved into a $62-a-month basement apartment with a cement floor and lived there two years as students with no income.

We were happy, studying hard. Neither one of us had a job, because Mitt had enough of an investment from stock that we could sell off a little at a time.

“The stock came from Mitt’s father. When he took over American Motors, the stock was worth nothing. But he invested Mitt’s birthday money year to year — it wasn’t much, a few thousand, but he put it into American Motors because he believed in himself. Five years later, stock that had been $6 a share was $96 and Mitt cashed it so we could live and pay for education.

“Mitt and I walked to class together, shared housekeeping, had a lot of pasta and tuna fish and learned hard lessons.
http://www.samefacts.com/2012/01/inc...to-sell-stock/

These people are so out of touch. You want to talk about Elites... these people were born with silver spoons in their mouths. They have absolutely no idea what its like to work 2 jobs to try to pay for school, getting so far deep in debt with student loans that it takes decades to pay it all off. After all, they had daddy warbucks to pay the entire way...

Must be hard being so well off that you can afford to be a stay-at-home mom in one of your multiple houses in 3 different states, with so many nannies and house staff to have to keep track of. Oh the horrors of being upper-class!

"Struggling" my ass...