Good Morning all, just joined this morning and looking forward to learning much about the (2) M44 carbines I have. This is not a fair question since you cannot see my rifle but am at wits end trying to figure out what is going on so am asking you all for some ideas. I have a 1954 M44 Romanian carbine that someone sometime made a sporter out of, I have had a devil of a time getting it on paper and keeping it there at 50m. The bore is a bit rough but not shot out. The trigger is horrible. I noticed today that after firing and taking it apart to clean the the rifle the rear guard tang screw was not tight nor was the front guard screw. I tightened them down snugly but was not able to depress the trigger to get the bolt in the receiver, so I loosened the screws up which freed the trigger and bolt slid right in, then tightened the screws back down. I was now not able to fire the rifle as the trigger would not budge. The loose guard screws I am sure had something to do with the poor shooting but what the heck is the remedy?