Thread: What The Hell Happened To Me?

What The Hell Happened To Me?

Up until 14 Sep, I was a happy AK and 1911 guy. Didn't own an AR or a Glock. Something happened that Saturday a week and a half ago, and I don't know what it was.

I now own not only an AR, but a Glock!

WTF happened to me?

Did I step into some kind of wormhole and wind up in an alternate universe or something?

BTW, the new Glock is a Gen 3 29. And since any thread about a new gun is worthless without pics, here's one for ya...

And just for fun, here she is with her other 10mm siblings.

(That would be a Dan Wesson CBOB, S&W 310 Nightguard, Colt Delta Elite, and the new Glock.)

Oh, how I love the 10:

You know what they say: Every time someone fires a 10mm, an angel gets their wings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Happens to the best of us!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Looks good. I think you will like them both.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Don't feel bad, I broke down and bought a Colt M4, I swore I would never pay that much for an AR, but it was beautiful!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Don't feel bad, I broke down and bought a Colt M4, I swore I would never pay that much for an AR, but it was beautiful!
    says the inzite guy! LMFAO

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

What happened, you evolved is what happened. Happened to me in 1993 and 1994, been happy with Glocks not so much with AR's since then. Piston drive finally made me like AR platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Hell, I swore I would never own an AR. Granted, the one I just bought is a piston driven .308 from Sig, but still. Maybe my thing with 10mm got the best of me. Yeah, that's it. That's what it is...
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

Got my first Glock six years ago. Liked it immediately, now it's the only way to fly unless it's a caliber that Glock is not made in.

Got my first AR this year, still don't like it yet. It'll either grow on me or won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    What happened, you evolved is what happened. Happened to me in 1993 and 1994, been happy with Glocks not so much with AR's since then. Piston drive finally made me like AR platforms.
    Thats why I got a Sig 556 instead.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Up until 14 Sep, I was a happy AK and 1911 guy. Didn't own an AR or a Glock. Something happened that Saturday a week and a half ago, and I don't know what it was.

I now own not only an AR, but a Glock!

WTF happened to me?

Did I step into some kind of wormhole and wind up in an alternate universe or something?

BTW, the new Glock is a Gen 3 29. And since any thread about a new gun is worthless without pics, here's one for ya...

And just for fun, here she is with her other 10mm siblings.

(That would be a Dan Wesson CBOB, S&W 310 Nightguard, Colt Delta Elite, and the new Glock.)

Oh, how I love the 10:

You know what they say: Every time someone fires a 10mm, an angel gets their wings.
    LOL, 7 more and you can start going to meetings with me...

"Hello, my name is Hazmat and i am a 10mmaholic"....

MY G29 is my daily carry in a blackhawk serpa.

How do you like that 310? been thinking of getting one.
    Last edited by davepool; 09-25-2012 at 10:10 PM.

It's a handful. 200gr Blazers are stiff on the recoil, but that's to be expected in a 2.5" Ultralite N-frame. Everybody tells me the G29 will kick pretty good, but I'm not buying it. That 310's got more snort than my 4" Model 57-6 running full house loads. So if I can handle those two, the G29's going to be a breeze comparitively.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Guns Network Contributor 11/2011 insider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shotdown61 View Post
    Thats why I got a Sig 556 instead.
    Nothing wrong with a 556!

or a COLT!
    I sold all my guns and ammo, now I live the quiet retired life.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    It's a handful. 200gr Blazers are stiff on the recoil, but that's to be expected in a 2.5" Ultralite N-frame. Everybody tells me the G29 will kick pretty good, but I'm not buying it. That 310's got more snort than my 4" Model 57-6 running full house loads. So if I can handle those two, the G29's going to be a breeze comparitively.
    G29s not that bad recoil wise with standard 10mm factory loads, it does get a little snappy with doubletap 180s though, but like everything , it just takes practice and a little grip adjustment.
    It looks like the 310 would be easier to get a good grip on than the G29

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Why WOULDN'T you own a 10mm Glock? I mean....

Welcome to the club Brother.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Not a problem, once you get your first Glock leg sanity and reasonableness shall return to you and you will come back to the light. In the meantime drink lots of fluids and get plenty of sleep. Don't forget to wear a hat when you are out in the bright sun.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Why WOULDN'T you own a 10mm Glock? I mean....

Welcome to the club Brother.
    Well, there are them two 10mm 1911s....

All kidding aside, Glock just hasn't really appealed to me. The look of the full size pistols turn me off, and I don't like the feel of the full framed pistols in my hand. But I'll give her a try and see how I like it.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009