Thread: C&R Collectors Under Fire By Obama

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

C&R Collectors Under Fire By Obama

I copied this message from my local gun owner's forum. I am not only concerned with the C&R subject, but also with banning milsurp ammo supplies from overseas.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Collectors Under Fire By Obama
    Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:03 am

Obama wants Congress to allow ATF to decide on all importation of C&Rs. Wanna bet EVERYTHING suddenly becomes a dangerous weapon?

From page 7 of the linked document:
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa..._time_full.pdf

And in case it mysteriously disappears:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/120678993/...-AND-CHECKLIST

Eliminate restrictions that force the ATF to authorize importation of dangerous
    weapons simply because of their age:
    ATF is required to authorize the importation ofcertain “curio or relic” firearms, and outdated regulations include all firearms manufactured morethan 50 years ago in the definition of “curio or relic.” But today, firearms manufactured more than50 years ago include large numbers of semiautomatic military-surplus rifles, some of which areeasily convertible into machine guns or otherwise appealing for use in crime. Congress should get rid of restrictions that prevent ATF from changing this definition, enabling ATF to ensurethat firearms imported as curios or relics are actually of interest as collectibles, rather than letting these rules be used as a way to acquire fully functional and powerful military weapons.
    Last edited by number6; 01-17-2013 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added corrected links