I've decided to purchase a new AK type of rifle, the 5.45x39 type but can't decide whether to get a true Russian style version like the SGL 31-62, or the Iron Clad Milled Ak74 from Atlantic firearm.

I'm torn between the two, and I like milled things, the iron clad milled seems like a precision build similar to the Colt SP6920, yet the SGL 31-62 is elegent and almost pure Russian. I'm thinking maybe the iron clad milled is some sort of Frankenstein version of the rifle, plus I would like to be able to change the stock to the SP6920 type.

I know many will say get one of the 10 other versions out there and save the money, but I live in CA and my choices are limited. Plus I want to get something as up to date or modern as possible, with a tough coating so I don't have to oil the steel.

I think I can purchase either with the optional bullet button installed, but not positive about it.

Anyways, your 2 cents is greatly appreciated, and I'm leaning towards the SGL 31-62, so talk me out of it or back me up on it.

Thanks!