I was looking for something better than the Sig Mosquito I have. Better in accuracy and able to run subsonic ammo without being picky. The first image is what you get in the box. A padlock for locking the bolt open. These also have the politically correct internal lock, that is activated by that black key looking thing below the trigger guard. You get a manual that goes over safe gun handling and how to take it down and put it back together. I swear the Ruger pistols are the biggest pains in the ass to take apart. Advantage Sig Mosquito, much easier to take apart and clean it.

Behind the pistol to the 9:00 in the photo is a Scope / red dot sight rail system that you can install on top of the weapon. I don't believe you have to take the iron sights off to use it. I'm thinking a small cheap red dot might be nice on it. You get a padded zippered pistol case emblazoned with their Ruger logo. It also comes with two metal magazines with the large .22/45 floor plates. Lastly that small manila envelope has a fired case in it. No doubt this is for anti Second Amendment states and cities that think they'll Sherlock Holmes a crime based off a casing left at the crime scene. (I don't believe any LEO agency has ever managed to pull that one off).

Next image the pistol with barrel thread muzzle nut removed. This feature is why I purchased this one. I did buy it on Friday and the gun shop had it $20 bucks discounted so about $380 before state sales tax. Out the door for about $406.

Last image is with my AAC Pilot, (an old one that can't be taken apart for cleaning the baffles). Fits on the barrel threads perfectly, snugs up against a wavy washer that is used to help lock on the muzzle nut / thread protector. Seems to work just fine with the can on there.

Lastly, I did have a chance to do some limited shooting with it. I ran 3 kinds of low velocity subsonic ammo. First one I ran was Winchester Super X Sub Sonic HP rounds. Except for issues with the magazines not wanting to feed 10 rounds the weapon worked fine with this ammo. I have to say I was disappointed with the magazines. They are stamped sheet metal and seem to have internal burrs on them. I lubed them and that helped a bit. I think they will need to be taken apart and worked on or just cycled a lot to smooth them up. I must say I never had this kind of an issue with any of the Sig Mosquito mags, advantage Sig.

Next I tried some Aguila Subsonic, not hollow points. This ammo you could hear variation in how loud it popped, but the Ruger functioned all rounds properly, all ejected and the bolt locked back on the last round just like the Winchester ammo did. Lastly, I ran some Bakial Russian made .22 LR ammo called Jr. Target. This ammo is serious crap, but noncorrosive. I could never get it to cycle in any of my semiauto firearms, Sig Mosquito or my AR15 Upper dedicated to .22 LR. It has a bad habit of the extractor's slipping off the poorly formed rims on these Russian rimfire cases. Well let me say the Ruger could deal with this crap ammo. I had proper cycling on 90% of the rounds through 3 mags of this shit. You could hear even more variation of sound in this ammo over the Aguila. ALL rounds extracted but some of the lower powered rounds stovepiped and caused a jam because they didn't eject all the way. Not a fault of the weapon, totally this crap ammo's fault but you know what, it is workable. I have 1000 rounds of this shit that I still need to blast down range. I now can do it in something other than my .22 bolt action which btw fails to extract the cases 50% of the time. So now I can get rid of this crap that's been sitting in my ammo dump since 1994. The ability to eat about any .22 LR round you put to it goes clearly to the Ruger .22/45 Lite pistol. Advantage Ruger over Sig.

On accuracy, not conclusive but I do believe the Ruger is doing a lot better than the Sig Mosquito. This was about 7 yards distance I was trying these rounds out at and doing sight corrections on the weapon. I do seem to remember larger groups at this distance from the Mosquito vs. what I was getting out of the Ruger. I haven't tried any 1200 fps + speed ammo yet, it may do even better on accuracy with more typical speed rounds.

Edit: Just checked Ruger's web site. The .22/45 LITE has the highest suggested MSRP of $499. I really consider myself to have gotten a deal on this one considering I purchased at the base price of $380 before tax.