Thread: New/Old Buck 110 "Federal"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up New/Old Buck 110 "Federal"

Here is the new Buck limited "Federal" 110. This is a retro model based on the original 110 made when Buck had it's factory on Federal Avenue in San Diego, CA. Like the original it has 440C steel, (in todays version it has the now famous BOS heat treat), macassar ebony scales and the flatter, hand finished frame. The blade is also slightly thinner than current 110 blades. It is even marked Buck in the horizontal position with the blade instead of across the blade at the base. Mine is #254 of 500.

I was expecting a pretty nice knife but this really exceeded my expectations. Not only is it superbly assembled but the retro features are really to my liking. It also comes with a USA made sheath the is a copy of the original. A very minimalist sheath compared to current production. It's gonna be really hard not to use this one as it just begs to cut something and the way it feels in the hand is unbelievably nice. Not many of these out there but if you love the Buck 110 like I do I think you will love this one even more.

Last edited by Richard Simmons; 04-12-2014 at 10:54 AM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell