I don't see any reason to pay the high prices of fancy drop in trigger sets for ARs. I've been doing a lot of research on what kind of trigger work can be done to improve an AR's trigger and found it's rather easy to get match grade single stage triggers out of the factory stuff.

My big question is on the set screw down the pistol grip screw hole trick. I've seen tutorials that simply say to screw it in until you hit the safety. Then back out 1/8 to 1/2 turn and it's set. I've also seen others that say to remove the safety, and screw it in until you are happy with it - so long as it passes a safety check. BUT, you may need to notch the top rear of the trigger to clear the safety with this method. Anyone with experience with this, what do you do?

I've also seen one video of a guy drilling and tapping a set screw on the bottom of the receiver just in front of the trigger. He did this to adjust out overtravel. Is this really necessary after doing the other trick?
He starts drilling for this at around 1:10. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrddFkqLvHc#t=13 Honestly, his back and forth stoning technique seen later in the video, did not empress me at all.

The other stuff I'm planning is a light spring kit and just stoning down all the contact surfaces without changing any angles.

Thanks for ya'lls input.