Last December I was in Cabela's scoping out the rack of Mosin Nagants that were on sale. A guy asked me if I knew anything about these rifles. Well, seeing I am a Mosin Nagant junkie, I gave him the run down on the rifles and the history. He was buying one for his son for Christmas. I helped him pick out a rather nice 1943 Izzy. I ended up buying two for myself, a 1940 and a 1942 Tula. I told him to give me a call and I will take them to the range to show them how to shoot. Well, he called today and seeing it was nice out, 70 degrees and sunny with light wind, we went to my club. After educating them on range protochol, and safety, we proceeded to shoot. I took some Mosin Nagant practice ammo, the kind with the nylon bullet. It has all the bang with decient accuracy but not much recoil. After going through a few boxes of that, we switch to real ammo. They were suprised with the report and recoil. I took an SKS and a FR8 to give them another feel to shooting. After shooting about 100 rounds we called it a day. They are hooked. We plan on shooting in a couple weeks again. Great day and two new gun shooters to our number.....chris