Well, after sitting on this and "gearing up" for the last two years, I've put pencil to paper and started sketching out my silencer design for my 300BLK AR.

It will be all titanium; Gr 9 tube and Gr 5 internals and end caps. O.D. is 1.625 and I had originally planned on 10 inches in length, but I think I'm going to shorten that. The endcaps will be screw on so that it can be cleaned. The first baffle is rather thick, acting as the "blast baffle". The baffles will be smooth cones with the "triple clip" that I saw done on Silencertalk. The first three baffles will have a spacer that is .7 in. Then there are 4 baffles that have .5 in spacers.

Now this is where I've run into my problem. Should I terminate the silencer after the 7th baffle, or add more baffles? If I terminate at this point I think the length will end up being just a bit longer than 8 inches. This will see mostly sub-sonic rounds with the occasional super-sonic hunting rounds so there is a benefit to more baffles. But do I really need more than 7? Anyhow, I was hoping some of ya'll could put in your opinion on the matter.

Thanks.

PS, you'll note on the left side that this will be mounting using a QA/QD muzzle brake. I've included in the design a rather thick blast chamber that will be around the muzzle brake. The blast baffle begins about .7 inches after the end of the muzzle break. Do ya'll think that .10 of Gr 5 is a bit too much?

Thanks again.