A buddy of mine traded his Smith & Wesson MP15 for one of these (IMO a stupid trade on his part). Guess he just wanted a 1911 so badly and was bored of his AR. Now almost a month later he wants to trade it to me for my Glock 19. Currently we're in a no commitment trade.

I'm not a 1911 guy, but I've always wanted one. After firing it and learning how it strips down I've grown fond of this pistol, but I'm not sure it's worth trading my one and only hand gun that I carry daily (Glock 19) for. My primary reason for this being that it's a single stack. While the .45 ACP is a great cartridge for defensive purposes, I can only carry 9 at a time (8 in the mag, one in the chamber) and an extra mag which means less shots before reloading compared to a Glock 19. For most situations 8 rounds is plenty, but I like "overkill". It's never possible to have too many, but very possible to have too few. On the other hand, I do seem to shoot better groups with this 1911 vs my Glock 19. I like how slim it is and it seems to fit my hand well. However, with the longer barrel and slide it will be less comfortable to conceal.

As for the gun itself, being branded a Taurus doesn't inspire much confidence. They seem to be considered on par with IO for making crap. However the reviews I have found from people who have these guns are pretty positive. One or two have complained that the earlier mags Taurus shipped with these guns weren't very reliable, but Taurus sent them replacements that worked well, and the guns ran great with other manufacturers mags. Maybe they stepped up their game for these? It comes with a matte black finish, ambidextrous thumb safety, ventilated light trigger, extended beaver tail, 8 round mags, and a much nicer set of sights than I'm used to seeing on "cheap" 1911's.

Any of you 1911 fanboys ( ) got thoughts on this?