Thread: Some Interesting Knives

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Some Interesting Knives

As long as I was taking some pictures of my Buck knives, I decided to show some of the other more interesting knives I have.

Here is one made from an old railroad spike that I was given for my birthday a while back. I have to be very careful when I pull this out of the box as the sheath was not made for this knife and the restraint does not restrain. Not one bit.

A friend bought me this in Colorado. It is custom made and the handle is elk horn. This sheath was made for this knife.

Last is a knife I bought back in about 1984-85 when on my first deployment. I bought it from a street vendor in La Madeleine, Italy for about $10, which at the time was about 20,000 lira. The only distinguishing marks on the blade are a 'B' and 'Rostfrei' written in cursive. Rostfrei is apparently German for stainless steel.

When I get a good photo setup I will take some pictures of my Damascus steel knives. They are cool, but if I don't take good pictures of them the beauty of the blades is lost.
    Last edited by ltorlo64; 06-20-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member