Well, I've been working on the project (the forever project) and I'm seeing light at the end of the tunnel. It's been a long, long process for various reasons - one big one has been re-tooling and learning about cutting titanium. I've settled on a cone/K baffle combo with two cones followed by four K baffles.

Note: Please do not start a silencer project without first obtaining you federal permission slip, and any state docs if needed.

This sketch is probably about 90% accurate to what I'm building. This is what I came up with, but there's been a few changes during construction.

For those that do not know, this silencer screws on to a muzzle brake. The brake will act as the first two baffles when the silencer screws on.

Here's the first few parts sketched out.

Sorry I didn't get any pics of the first endcap in process. I was fully concentrating on titanium and pictures didn't enter my mind.

Here's the first cone baffle coming forth from the round stock.

This next picture shows why a number of people will run their lathe backwards and mount their cutting tool upside down. I don't have that capability with my Atlas so I have to work from the back side while cutting the 60* cone.

And the cone is taking shape.

Please note here the upgraded fingers on the steady rest. The brass fingers super heated on the titanium in just a few seconds. They expanded and caused the work to seize up dead. I had to upgrade to some bearings. And of course no one in this po-dunk town carries such an animal so I had to order them from Enco.

Parting off.

I've learned a bit about parting this last year. In particular when parting Titanium go slow (back gears engaged) and step down. Plunge the parting tool in a bit, then move over and do it again and work your way down. This way you don't get too hot and bind the blade.

And a pic showing how I hung the misting nozzle. (notice the plastic sheeting protecting the wood wall?)

And there it is.

The next step is to carve out the innards. BUT, I'm going to go ahead and do the other cone and spacer while I've got the Titanium round stock in the lathe.

The next series of pics I'll just tack on to this thread. Please stay tuned