I've had one for probably 20 years if not closer to 30. I've shot it a fair amount and it's still in VG+ to excellent condition. I know they've been out of production since 1989 but never really thought much about it being collectible or having much value, IIRC I paid under $100 new for mine at Big 5 Sporting Goods when I was stationed in San Diego. Anyway, the latest issue of Guns & Ammo has an article by the editor about looking for a Nylon 66 for one of his children. He found a variant, don't recall the model, that takes a detachable mag. It was missing the mag, front site and had surface rust all over. He wrote that he bought it for $400, bought a mag and front site and had the barrel and receiver cover re-blued. I have no idea what he's into it for but I was thinking a lot more than the rifle is worth.

Last night I was surfing the VA GunTrader website and noticed a guy selling good condition Nylon 66 for $400. I haven't done much more searching yet but I'm starting to wonder if this old plinker of mine is worth a fair bit more than I thought it was?