The chipmunk population around my home is nuts (no pun intended). Until this year, they would burrow all through the mulch and landscaping. This past summer I solved that issue by replacing the mulch with 7 tons of river rock. Now they're burrowing underneath the one corner of the foundation of the attached garage and it's pissing me off big time. I have killed dozens of the bastards this year by shooting them as well as trapping them with mouse traps and sticky traps. I tried the water-in-bucket trap but it didn't work since the squirrels and raccoons kept knocking the ramps off of it and eating the bait.

I have even dumped mouse poison down this hole and I'm still getting fresh dirt piled up on the drive way on a daily basis. Any ideas? I have a crazy idea of dumping bleach and ammonia down the hole at night and sealing it off as a last resort before I call an exterminator.

Here's the front corner of the garage. There's a hole behind the wood at the bottom and another hole up top around the corner in the yard next to the foundation. Every day I clean up the dirt off the drive and I get all this piled up, which leads me to believe there's quite the labyrinthine in there.