So, I decided to buy the Colt 1911 NIMITZ commemorative pistol. I am very excited about it. The sad thing is that about half of our crew cannot buy them.

A aircraft carrier has a crew of about 3,000 Sailors, Chiefs and Officers assigned to it. When we get underway we also bring along about another 3,000 Sailors, Chiefs and Officers for the various helicopter and fixed wing plane squadrons. For the NIMTZ, almost all of those squadrons are stationed in California. So, about half of the personnel we have onboard currently are stationed in California.

The problem comes from California's stupid and unconstitutional "Roster of Certified Handguns For Sale in California." While the 1911 meets all of California's unconstitutional restrictions, the Colt 1911 is not on the "Roster" so it cannot be sold or brought into California. In fact, there is not a single Colt handgun that is allowed to be sold or imported into the state. I remember that a few years back Colt decided not to pay California the fee (otherwise known as a bribe) to remain on the "Roster".

So, about half of the Sailors, Chiefs, and Officers deployed with us cannot purchase the pistol. How does the Supreme Court even look at itself in the mirror? How do California politicians?