Thread: Crappy Beretta mags

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs down Crappy Beretta mags

Technically they aren't Beretta mags but they are for my 92FS. Bought them years ago from CDNN. They are standard capacity, parkerized in individual ziplock bags with a paper label that says military contract and a bunch of numbers. Will see if I can find a makers name on them.

Anyway I loaded them 4-5 years ago, maybe longer but never went to the range. I recently bought some 30rd factory Beretta mags I needed to try out so I grabbed these when I went to the range today. The factory mags that came with the 92FS and the two 30rd mags ran flawlessly.

When I tried the parkerized mags I had one or more jams per mag plus several times the slide went home without chambering a round and with 2 or 3 of the mags they didn't lock the slide back after the last round.

I'm guessing the springs are crap. Wondering if just replacing the springs might take care of the issues? I've had factory Colt mags for my Goverment model 1911A1 and some Chip McCormick 8rd Shooting Star mags that I've left loaded for close to a decade and they worked fine. Granted they are single stack mags but still, a spring shouldn't fail due to extended compression.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 11-03-2017 at 04:19 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell