Thread: Thoughts on this deal (polytec AK)

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation

Thoughts on this deal (polytec AK)

http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=286584

Ok guys and gals, I don't really want to, but I've decided to sell this because I need help with a down payment on a new vehicle. The gun is in mint condition. I am the second owner and have not fired this gun. I have no idea how much the previous owner did but whatever that person did was very little.

The gun comes with orignal box, accessories, and (2) 30rd Polytech stamped mags with chrome follower. I will post pictures tomorrow (Saturday July 25) since I work all day/night.

I'm asking $1500. I'm in the Washington County area and will meet FTF. You must show me a current PADL and LTCF or we will transfer at an FFL and you pay the fee. I will also travel or meet within reason for the right deal. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

I am pretty clueless about such things, so worth looking into? What should I look for or ask about?

for that much, he needs pics.

whatever that person did was very little.
    so what exactly did they do?
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    for that much, he needs pics.

so what exactly did they do?
    He's talking about shooting it

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Poly Tech AKS-762 with underfolding bayo, box and accessories have been going up in price lately. I did see one sell for over $1500 the other day, and a Legend went for over $2200! Crazy yes, but there are not many in this country, and with the way this country hates buying anything from China I doubt we will ever see any more imported.

It wasn't too long ago I would have said you would be crazy to ever pay over $350 for a MAK-90. And what are they selling for these days?

To see what they are selling for, go to Gunbroker and look through the completed auctions for actual sold prices, but these days hold your breath and part with $1500 for a like new in box AKS-762.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

You have to want it as a "collector" because there are just fine functional semi AK clone rifles for less than half that price these days.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    You have to want it as a "collector" because there are just fine functional semi AK clone rifles for less than half that price these days.
    Very true statement. It is unfortunate that Chinese AK price have gotten to the point that only collectors and speculators need apply.

Lots of very good AK/AKM clones at places like Atlantic Firearms.