Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LAGC, from what you said in the picture thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    OK, let's put it in a way that. maybe, you can understand. You are white. I am white. How is all this your fault or my fault? What did we do wrong?
    You're right, it's not our fault. We're just pawns in this corporate shell-game as well.

But I can't really blame someone growing up in that situation broad-brushing all whites and harboring racist attitudes in general.

All they see is "us" rubbing "their" nose in it. Not the majority, just a small minority -- but all it takes is that small minority to cause trouble.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    You're right, it's not our fault. We're just pawns in this corporate shell-game as well.

But I can't really blame someone growing up in that situation broad-brushing all whites and harboring racist attitudes in general.

All they see is "us" rubbing "their" nose in it. Not the majority, just a small minority -- but all it takes is that small minority to cause trouble.
    So you see their racism as both understandable and acceptable...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    So you see their racism as both understandable and acceptable...
    Understandable, but not really acceptable. These people need jobs. They need a legit way out of their circumstances, the chance to show that if they do the right thing and work hard, it can pay off.

When all they have to look up to is their local gangbangers running the 'hood, you can't be surprised when some of them get caught up in it.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

You should hire them.
    Returns June 3rd.

I'll tell you one thing: it would be a hell of a lot cheaper for taxpayers if the government created a real jobs program and put these people to work at $11/hour than it currently is locking so many people up for decades for drug and gang crimes.

Average yearly cost to keep a person in prison: $31,286
    $11/hour @ 40 hours per week, 52 weeks a year: $22,880

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/24/ny...tudy-says.html

You do the math.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Understandable, but not really acceptable. These people need jobs. They need a legit way out of their circumstances, the chance to show that if they do the right thing and work hard, it can pay off.

When all they have to look up to is their local gangbangers running the 'hood, you can't be surprised when some of them get caught up in it.
    Its hard to instill hope when you're people take every opportunity to tell blacks that they can't make it without the loving Democrats to nurture them through life and protect them from the white conservative devil.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Its hard to instill hope when you're people take every opportunity to tell blacks that they can't make it without the loving Democrats to nurture them through life and protect them from the white conservative devil.
    And what alternative do the Republicans have to offer? Take away the welfare while they outsource more jobs? So what little wealth is allowed to circulate in those impoverished neighborhoods dries up as well?

It's time to acknowledge that both political parties are to blame here. They keep telling people in those slums that things will get better if they just show up and vote for them.

Nothing but empty promises.

And what alternative do the Republicans have to offer? Take away the welfare while they outsource more jobs? So what little wealth is allowed to circulate in those impoverished neighborhoods dries up as well?

It's time to acknowledge that both political parties are to blame here. They keep telling people in those slums that things will get better if they just show up and vote for them.

I'm blaming the Democrats for their political rhetoric. This has nothing to do with who the blacks actually vote for. Your party tells them they'll never amount to shit, and they'll never be president until they get a white mom and suck enough white dick to make some political connections.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

[
    almost all of that is Health/life insurance. crap like food/electricity/water are just run on contract based on volume.

Life insurance rates on inmates are crazy (obviously) in case they die in custody to cover all if not the majority of a wrongful death lawsuit.
    Those who die and the family doesn't claim that $$$ goes into state funds.
    When locked up YOU are property of that state unless the family claims otherwise.

if you die and are unclaimed .. you get cremated and toss into a teeny tiny box and buried at a state site.

If you're doing an extended sentence/life. Your file/ID gets tossed into a secure lock box until your sentence is complete.
    Last edited by Helen Keller; 08-25-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

By that rationale, it would also be understandable why some conservative Americans might hate and want to start stringing liberals from lamp posts across the country.
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 08-25-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

I'll tell you one thing: it would be a hell of a lot cheaper for taxpayers if the government created a real jobs program and put these people to work at $11/hour than it currently is locking so many people up for decades for drug and gang crimes.

You do the math.
    I do not have to do the math! I have lived it more than once.
    I have pubic hair older than you and you want to school me on dead beats. fuck off college boy.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I do not have to do the math! I have lived it more than once.
    I have pubic hair older than you and you want to school me on dead beats. fuck off college boy.

So why don't they HAVE a job?

I've got a job. And with "affirmative action", it should be at least twice as easy for Tyrone or Laquesha to get a job.

So, what's holding them back? Oh, right... I forgot. We white people be holding them back. Me sitting here at my desk designing a servo control loop circuit is holding them back.

I guess that's what the corporate world calls "multitasking"... doing your job AND holding down the poor, poor black man at the same time.

(YO! Tyrone! I said stay down! I'm trying to work here! Gotta make enough to pay for your food stamps, so be quiet and stay down!)
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    You should hire them.
    As we've seen from his past posts, he wants to spread around the wealth... just not HIS OWN wealth. He wants YOU to hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    So why don't they HAVE a job?

I've got a job. And with "affirmative action", it should be at least twice as easy for Tyrone or Laquesha to get a job.

So, what's holding them back? Oh, right... I forgot. We white people be holding them back. Me sitting here at my desk designing a servo control loop circuit is holding them back.

I guess that's what the corporate world calls "multitasking"... doing your job AND holding down the poor, poor black man at the same time.

(YO! Tyrone! I said stay down! I'm trying to work here! Gotta make enough to pay for your food stamps, so be quiet and stay down!)
    Check yo privilege!
    Returns June 3rd.

You do the math.
    Oh, so if they don't get a government "make work" job then they have to go to prison? How about they finish high school and at least take advantage of the post-high school gifts available? God forbid they pay their own way.

Why is it only conservatives have to put out any effort or ever be responsible?
    Returns June 3rd.

You think violent gang bangers want a JOB? You think they could DO a job? Or keep a job?

You are delusional. Tyrone and his homies just busted a cap in Hector's head over a drug dispute and you think Tyrone is going to put on a shirt and tie, pack himself a brown bag lunch, hop on the bus, go to the office and stay there for 8 hours doing something productive?

You're nuts.

(maybe I'm nuts - wasting my time going back and forth with you)

Are you or your ilk building factories in the ghetto? No, why the fuck not???
    Returns June 3rd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast