Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the colletion AMD 65 - AR 180b

New to the colletion AMD 65 - AR 180b

Went to the gun show this weekend hoping to pick up an AK47 or 74 to show off the new stocks i picked up from a-kmanator but no luck.. instead I stumbled across an amd65 and a AR180b i could not turn down... man i am really surprised on the prices anymore
    the stuff keeps going up and fast.. I remember not to long ago the amd was around 2 to 300 but now there way beyond that..... so I figured for the price I better jump on it and keep it for myself.. And on the AR180 I never had one and for some strange reason i just like the looks of them.. nice simple design..
    "God didn't make all men equal -- Colonel Colt did."

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I used to really want one of the AR-180b rifles. The only thing that turned me off was the Clinton ban features and the polymer lower. The non folding stock seemed cheesy too. Honestly I think those issues plus the cost made it a easy win for Kel-Tec SU-16. If its going to looks cheesy and plastic it needs to be $400, which is what I paid for my first run Kel-Tec (unfortunately I sold it at a bad time).
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I used to really want one of the AR-180b rifles. The only thing that turned me off was the Clinton ban features and the polymer lower. The non folding stock seemed cheesy too. Honestly I think those issues plus the cost made it a easy win for Kel-Tec SU-16. If its going to looks cheesy and plastic it needs to be $400, which is what I paid for my first run Kel-Tec (unfortunately I sold it at a bad time).
    I got lucky on this one.. he wanted 5 and no one would jump I told him all i could spend was 360 and he said yes that he was tired of carrying it around and I was the first true offer..
    .. I really didnt think i would get it for that.. came with a nice case and book no mags but thats no biggie..

Quote Originally Posted by Klawndyke View Post
    I got lucky on this one.. he wanted 5 and no one would jump I told him all i could spend was 360 and he said yes that he was tired of carrying it around and I was the first true offer..
    .. I really didnt think i would get it for that.. came with a nice case and book no mags but thats no biggie..
    Wow, that is sweet. I think they normally run around $600. Or at least they used to.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Wow, that is sweet. I think they normally run around $600. Or at least they used to.
    looked at book after i bought it and they start at 4 and high end is around 7 i would say this is at 85% it does have a scratch on the upper receiver but its not at all that bad .. this is the first one i bought so i really didn’t have a clue on the price until after the fact.. I will agree with you they look like they should be priced around 4 to 5 with the hanguards and buttstock.. the handguards still have the mold marks on them.. easy fix
    Last edited by Klawndyke; 05-23-2011 at 12:17 PM.

I didn't know they were so cheap.

And apperently they come with banned features now.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=230701265

the kool thing is they do have bayo lugs you can ad and theres some really nice aftermarket handguards..
    all in all i am glad to have this in my collection.... and i do like the piston instead of gas blow back

{Edit} heres a pic of this weekends find

I would love to change out the grips on the amd to wood ones
    Last edited by Klawndyke; 05-23-2011 at 02:20 PM.

For $400 I would snatch one up without hesitation. It would make a good companion to my Bushy M17s.

Under $400 is a great deal. I think Ace makes a folding stock kit for them.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Under $400 is a great deal. I think Ace makes a folding stock kit for them.
    already checked and there sold out at the moment

For $400 I would snatch one up without hesitation. It would make a good companion to my Bushy M17s.
    That they do look good together

Check this guy out for mods on the AR17.. I am really thinking about doing this to mine

AR17 MODS

I like Frank's mod
    Last edited by Klawndyke; 05-23-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klawndyke View Post
    already checked and there sold out at the moment

That they do look good together

Check this guy out for mods on the AR17.. I am really thinking about doing this to mine

AR17 MODS

I like Frank's mod
    Nice. In 2003 or 2004 I set out to get a either an AR-180b or a M17s and found a used pre-ban M17s for $600. I gave him $300 and a rough Argentine Hi-power. There was a AR-180b with scope and mount for $700 at the same show. I would have liked either but the deal with the trade is what determined my choice. Also "pre-ban" seemed to mean a lot back then.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Lightbulb

Frankly if Bushmaster would put it out with those mods on it, thing would probably sell like hot cakes.

Nice. In 2003 or 2004 I set out to get a either an AR-180b or a M17s and found a used pre-ban M17s for $600. I gave him $300 and a rough Argentine Hi-power. There was a AR-180b with scope and mount for $700 at the same show. I would have liked either but the deal with the trade is what determined my choice. Also "pre-ban" seemed to mean a lot back then.
    I think there both nice rifles.. i have always wanted the ar17 so of course that one came first for me.. i just love pups and odd ones

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Frankly if Bushmaster would put it out with those mods on it, thing would probably sell like hot cakes.
    your right on that one..

holy smokes 360 is hiway robbery.......if it runs..................J>K> never knownn anybody to own a 180,but i think theyre slick,whatd the amd cost you?

Quote Originally Posted by blobman View Post
    holy smokes 360 is hiway robbery.......if it runs..................J>K> never knownn anybody to own a 180,but i think theyre slick,whatd the amd cost you?
    350 on the amd.. i saw the price is starting to go up on those so i figured what the heck..
    It was part of a package deal. the guy had a 380 pistol and the AMD. my buddie wanted the pistol and i wanted the amd so it worked out for the both of us

ah...the ol buddy system

..dont know why that avatar struck me so funny...
    I like it

Ya i guise it worked out that way and everyone was happy

Quote Originally Posted by blobman View Post
    ah...the ol buddy system
    Last edited by Klawndyke; 05-24-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Found a couple goodies for the AR180 at the show this weekend

1 more part and i am ready to take the 180 to a new look

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I got one of the first made Ar180B's and paid $520, You sir stole that baby.

ok you guys are making me feel bad ..

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I got one of the first made Ar180B's and paid $520, You sir stole that baby.
    Did you do any ad ons to yours ?
    Last edited by Klawndyke; 06-07-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast