Thread: HK burst trigger pack work

HK burst trigger pack work

I picked up a incomplete 4 position MP5 burst pack missing a few parts (sear, trigger spring seem to be the big one's I'm seeing). Getting it home and looking it up I found that these sell in the $500-700+ range I figure it might be best to get it together then sell it VS converting it to semi like I originally planned on. Anyone know a good shop that rebuilds these or where I can get parts (is the MP5 Burst pack's sear the same as the G3 or HK33's?). I've worked on alot of G3 and HK33 packs but this one is very different in many ways internally then anything I've seen so far.

If it's the 4-pos pack with the burst mechanism in the rear, it uses a totally stock HK auto sear - could be fricton or roller depending on year of original manufacture. Very rare, highly desirable, worth a good bit of coin whether you personally get it running or not.

If it's the more common 4-pos with the burst mech sandwiched in up front, then it's still worth something, but needs a special burst pack sear instead of the more common types, and isn't as rare or desirable.

The burst mech in the rear type is easy to distinguish:
    (intentionally NOT hotllinked from hkpro.com)

http://www.hkpro.com/image/converburstint.jpg

vs

http://www.hkpro.com/image/converpacksrt.jpg

I couldn't find the pictures you posted, I guess no hot linking to HKpro

I believe this one has the ratcheting mechanism in the rear, I also have the roller FA sear, which looks very close to those I've found in FA G3 packs (without a roller). The part missing would be this part;

that is if this pack uses this part

This pack is almost completely tore apart except for the most rearmost ratchet which is still inside the housing, all the other parts I got are in the picture...

Attached Images Attached Images

BTW in thinking about this pack I think it's probably best to sell it as is to avoid the whole issue of originality, whether it works or not, and all the other stuff (not to mention just to be honest ). I really wanted a SEF pack to convert but was drawn to the ambidextrous safety and the 4 positions on the side. Any idea as to what I could expect out of it as is or where to sell it?

That's the standard not-super-rare 4pos. Sell it on bowers' non-NFA board or sturm or gunbroker. In complete working order it's worth 200-300 depending on condition if it's original German.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by circuits View Post
    That's the standard not-super-rare 4pos. Sell it on bowers' non-NFA board or sturm or gunbroker. In complete working order it's worth 200-300 depending on condition if it's original German.
    I thought you might want to know you were spot on with the value estimate, on GB it went for alittle over $300. I'm happy with how it worked out, I should be able to get the semi pack I need without the work converting it and still have a few extra $$ in my wallet by time it's all said and done.

Thanks again