Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The wifey gave me the ok......

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    At least he was smart enough to wear a hood...... Just friggin great, now the ATF will classify staples in addition to shoe strings as machineguns...... Now we're all felons if you have a staplegun.....
    Most weapons if you play with the sear will merely cause the hammer to follow the bolt, no joy.
    If you search the internet, there is a letter someone got from the ATF (everything you find on the internet is true of course) where they say this is a legal mod. You can download a copy of the letter.

Damn guess I was wrong, prices have gone up a bit! Another 5K and you can get an M60!!!! Looks like a deal to me.
    http://www.subguns.com/classifieds/i...uery=retrieval

Don't you mean prices have gone down a bit For instance, the only FNC's I've seen sold after being listed for months on end, have gone for below $7K. I've been seeing AC556's go for below $6K and M2 Carbines (non C&R) below $5k.

Not all transferables have lost value ever since the real estate market bubble burst, but the majority has.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    How about a Ruger AC556? I've seen those selling for $7500 - and being a Ruger, you'll have the parts and mags available of course. That would leave room for another purchase like an UZI or something to go with....

Or, you can buy the AC556 and take the remaining $$ and use for a down-payment on a piece of land in the UP...
    You mean listed for $7500....what they are selling for is much less (Just like any transferable right now). As for an Uzi, I like 'em, I just can't justify spending my own hard earned money on one. The only subgun I'd ever own would be an MP5, the Germans sure nailed perfection back in 1964.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    You mean listed for $7500....what they are selling for is much less (Just like any transferable right now). As for an Uzi, I like 'em, I just can't justify spending my own hard earned money on one. The only subgun I'd ever own would be an MP5, the Germans sure nailed perfection back in 1964.
    Meaah, opinions vary. I've shot one and a bunch of other 9 mm subguns. I found the MP5 to be heavy like an UZi but I would say it is way more accurate than the Uzi. Personally I liked the Swedis K and a Sten MkV better.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Don't you mean prices have gone down a bit For instance, the only FNC's I've seen sold after being listed for months on end, have gone for below $7K. I've been seeing AC556's go for below $6K and M2 Carbines (non C&R) below $5k.

Not all transferables have lost value ever since the real estate market bubble burst, but the majority has.
    All the M16's I've seen are out of sight. Not long ago 11-12K would get you one. All the ones I've seen listed are pushing 19K

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Meaah, opinions vary. I've shot one and a bunch of other 9 mm subguns. I found the MP5 to be heavy like an UZi but I would say it is way more accurate than the Uzi. Personally I liked the Swedis K and a Sten MkV better.
    I know the mini-Uzi was available in regualr open bolt and as a closed bolt select fire. I've wondered how the acuracy of the closed bolt mini-uzi would compare with a standard uzi.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

All the M16's I've seen are out of sight. Not long ago 11-12K would get you one. All the ones I've seen listed are pushing 19K

I've been seeing quite a few RR M16's over the last few years down to $10.5K.......but they are from comapany's I've never heard of (when it comes to AR's) I don't know shit about all the makers from the 70's and 80's. Now Colt's on the other hand are cracked out prices.....

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I know the mini-Uzi was available in regualr open bolt and as a closed bolt select fire. I've wondered how the acuracy of the closed bolt mini-uzi would compare with a standard uzi.
    Only shot an one Mini Uzi it was a pre May dealer sample that belonged to a former dealer. I recall it as open bolt, not closed bolt. It was one bad little muther, umm fast! Just touch the trigger and you'd send 4 down range. At 25 yards it was a challenge to keep 4 or 5 shot bursts on a steel chest sized target. I think it was doing over 1200 rpm.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 06-05-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Only shot an one Mini Uzi it was a pre May dealer sample that belonged to a former dealer. I recall it as open bolt, not closed bolt. It was one bad little muther, umm fast! Just touch the trigger and you'd send 4 down range. At 25 yards it was a challenge to keep 4 or 5 shot bursts on stell chest sized target. I think it was doing over 1200 rpm.
    Kinda like a stock Mac. I bought a Lage upper like Linx for mine. Makes is one heck of a controlable weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Kinda like a stock Mac. I bought a Lage upper like Linx for mine. Makes is one heck of a controlable weapon.
    Yeah, that's what I was told by the former dealer. He is how I got to shoot so many 9 mm subguns. He had a fire rate reduced M11, not a Lage upper, looked stock but it was running abouit 780 rpm from what he said. Reminded me of the Sten MK V or the Swedis K. He also had an M16 9 mm carbine with 11 inch barrel on it. That guy had / has one hell of a collection. Speaking of 9 mm subguns, your MP40 was a nice one to shoot, slow and quite accurate.

I've been seeing quite a few RR M16's over the last few years down to $10.5K.......but they are from comapany's I've never heard of (when it comes to AR's) I don't know shit about all the makers from the 70's and 80's. Now Colt's on the other hand are cracked out prices.....
    Well good deal then. get yourself an M16 AND an FNC!!! I'd love too, but c+r only here and an Armalite Colt costs a bit more....

I'm gonna go to The Creek this fall.....lookin for an FNC, but who knows.... if something else gives me a bigger hard-on, I'll change my mind

You mentioned belt fed, why not a nice 1919 variant?

That could be a possibility......I love belt-feds in general, any of 'em......there is something about 'em that gets my blood pumping.

Who knows....but when it comes time to fork over the cash (so hard to come, too damn easy to go), the cheapskate in me could come out.

As for a mini-uzi, I like 'em....that too could be another possibility. (or an M1 Thompson, M2 Carbine, Valmet in 7.62x39 or 5.56 etc. etc. etc.)
    Last edited by Partisan1983; 06-05-2011 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    If you search the internet, there is a letter someone got from the ATF (everything you find on the internet is true of course) where they say this is a legal mod. You can download a copy of the letter.
    Id have to call BS on the ATF giving that the okay. Anytime you have multiple shots with one pull of the trigger, classic definition of a machinegun. Hell they've even said certain stock modifications are illegal, shoestrings are illegal even though the trigger is resetting every shot....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12