Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Century strikes again

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Regardless, I would call CAI and get it sent back for them to fix- they will probably just send a new one... as they should.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Clean the extractor and ejector, the ejector should move up and down freely. One of the things I do to any CETME, G3 or C93 I've owned is to clean and straighten the ejector so it moves easily. On the extractor they come out very easily if you turn the spring 180 and pull it out. Many try to pry up the spring to remove the extractor when all you have to do is spin it around and pull it out.
    Last edited by mriddick; 05-30-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Haven't even shot mine yet, hope it functions good. What's the warranty on these? 1 year? I bought a CETME long time ago, it shoots about 6 inches to the right or left, never did get that fixed.

OK.
    I shot it again.
    I loaded single shells and fired, no magazine.
    Nothing ejected, but also none of the shells looked deformed like before. They look normal.
    Most of the shells went right back in the chamber telling me that the boltcarrier isn't going all the way back enough for the ejector to make contact with the shell.
    One did jam to the top of the trunnion but still looked like a normal ejected shell, not rolled-deformed.

SO I have a failuer to ejecrt problem. I will tackling the extrator first.

I don't have ANY time during the week to shoot or do anything, so all updates will be during the weekends.

BISHOP

How does the ejector look and move? Do you have a G3 ejector to compare it to? If a G3 ejector is used it won't hit the case head and eject the case, I've heard of CAI getting a HK33 ejector in a G3, could be they got a G3 ejector in a C93...
    Last edited by mriddick; 05-30-2011 at 06:16 PM.

when do we collectively stop buying from century or just accept what weve purchased

Quote Originally Posted by blobman View Post
    when do we collectively stop buying from century or just accept what we've purchased

Nope they got me once .....never again .....

My dealings with CAI has not been too bad. I've actually got several really good deals buying nonworking century rifles then correcting a minor detail ending up with a good running rifle. My only CAI rifle I didn't get running was a very early G3 that I bet I could get running now. At the time I wasn't as well versed on how the roller lock worked, now I find them easier to work on then any other rifle type... I'd say 75% of the issues with the CAI rifles I've looked at needed a good cleaning or slight work to get a part moving like it should. They seem to park everything so heavily I've found often this gums up the workings enough to stop a rifle cold.

All I have to compare the C93 to is a Century CETME.
    The CETME had a f-ed up rear sight so crooked that I have removed it and it still shoots more accurate
    The ejector seems to be straight and moves easily. When I work the action the ejector look as though it goes right up int the bolt slot.

If I have time this week, I'll check ejectors between the CETME and C93.

BISHOP

You might want to check some of the trigger pack pictures on gunbroker to compare as well.

I checked the ejector parts that are listed on HKparts.net and according to those pics I have the correct ejector.

Could I have the wrong sixe rollers on the bolt?
    Could Century have fixed the loose bolt and replaced the rollers but something that would be just too tight?
    It will unlock but not with enough force to completely travel to the rear and eject?

OR shall I just send Century an e-mail?
    What says the mob?

BISHOP

One of my C93's rollers had a small burr on it that rendered it a single shot. You might want to look and see if it's something small like that. How is the bolt gap and what size rollers do you have?

There's been some talk of these over at FAL Files. There's something about a gap (sorry, not an H&K guy so I don't have a clue what they're talking about). Some have reported that gap to be wayyyy out of spec. Check the H&K section of FAL Files to see if there's anything over there that might help you out. Here's one example:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showt...hreadid=303447

Don't know if that'll help you out, but it's the intertubes. Gotta hook a brutha up best I can.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12