Thread: Did I miss something...WTF!?!?!?

Exclamation Did I miss something...WTF!?!?!?

What is this shit I'm reading all over the net about semi auto SBR's having to comply with the BS '89 ban (922r)....

When the fuck did this happen ?

And what company was responsible ? (so I can add it to the ever growing list).

....or is this just one of those mysterious grey area's like 12GA and bigger shotguns ????
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Where did you read this?

I've heard this 10000000000000 times

dont have to post links.. maybe a site name or 2 so we can ID the "EXPERTS"
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Exclamation

It' news to me. On the contrary I had thought an SBR didn't have to comply with 922r.

It this official or based on one letter one guy asked for? By the regs they would seem to have a hard time pushing this in court (pleas not counted). If I remember right some guy just had to write more time for a clarification and got this response, now everyone is up in arms over it. At the time it seemed it was one of those things where someone just had to keep asking till they got the answer they didn't want.

Truthfully the way some of the NFA guys operate I wouldn't put it past some of the "pre letter" SBR guys are behind this (pushing the issue) just to make their weapons worth more.
    Last edited by mriddick; 06-03-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I've seen a 1994 letter from the ATf saying 922r does not apply to NFA weapons. Apparently they have reinterpreted themselves recently. Would I comply with the new BS letter? I'm not saying. The shit with the ATF has gotten way out of hand. It's past time for the so called progun R's to send 922r to the scrapheap of bad history.
    Funny the only R who has pushed this is Ron Paul with maybe one or two cosigning "Pro gun" R's..... Tell me again how progun the R's are when they allow to ATF to continue to run their game?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The latest change in the way things are with our right that shall not be infringed is that if you apply for an NFA tax stamp to cut a barrel down, you are now "making" a semi-automatic assault weapon and because of that, it has to meet the parts count stupidity as well as the NFA blackmail fee.

Again, it comes down to who you talk to in ATF and if that is the case, that even they don't understand the rules, laws and other "codified regulations" then how are we to understand, other than the violation of the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I like how the AR pistol in SGN is 26" with a forward grip and isnt an AOW... cuz ATF says:

"Not Readily Concealable"

How can 922R apply to an NFA gun?? I BUILT it in the USA and paid TAX to build it. END OF STORY.

My Form 1's say nothing about a parts count, Just state the $200 was paid.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

What a cluster fuck......
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    I like how the AR pistol in SGN is 26" with a forward grip and isnt an AOW... cuz ATF says:

"Not Readily Concealable"

How can 922R apply to an NFA gun?? I BUILT it in the USA and paid TAX to build it. END OF STORY.

My Form 1's say nothing about a parts count, Just state the $200 was paid.
    Mine say the same thing. Wierd....

I asked my SOT about that last week ... he knew nothing about it and said it doesn't make sense because 922r applies to title 1 weapons and SBR is title 2

What brought the subject up is that he has been expanding his business to include rentals of full auto AR's, AK's & UZI's and getting ready to build some HK f/a triggerpacks for rent ... he has been doing class III transfers and building SBR's for customers for several years.

This is what happens when you keep sending letters to ATF to "clarify". Well, eventually you get the answer you had to have. I think it was on the AK forum that I heard it for the first time, maybe a year or two ago.