Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ran Out Of Sight Adjustment On Yugo, Now What??

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Go back and read my big answer post about the barrel again. You just confirmed the barrel is the problem. The bore can't be running parallel to the outside of the barrel if the laser is being aimed that low.
    LOL, somehow I completely skipped over reading that post of yours above and just noticed it now from reading your reply where you just mentioned it. What you are saying makes total sense. Do you think it would be possible to take some dial calipers to the barrel end and check if it is off-center? Do you think that would give me a fairly accurate way to definitely determine this to be the issue before taking any further steps to resolve it? Jeez, I really hope that it isnt the barrel but what you are saying makes total sense. DARN IT!!

WOW, JUST WOW...

I just looked at the barrel end of both of my yugo m70's and WOW the barrel is WAY off-center on the one that I am having an issue with!!! Way off-center even by eye-balling it.

And I just had the rifle sent back to Century for failure to feed issues a couple months ago. Are barrels in this model easy to replace by someone with decent mechanical skills? If not, is this an expensive task for a gun-smith to do?

I CANNOT BELIEVE that the Century Arms folks did not see how off-center this barrel was before putting it together. It is SCARY how STUPID their assemblers have to be to miss this. Absolutely SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!

To Century Arms assemblers --->
    Last edited by AK_Lou; 06-10-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Lou View Post
    WOW, JUST WOW...

I just looked at the barrel end of both of my yugo m70's and WOW the barrel is WAY off-center on the one that I am having an issue with!!! Way off-center even by eye-balling it.

And I just had the rifle sent back to Century for failure to feed issues a couple months ago. Are barrels in this model easy to replace by someone with decent mechanical skills? If not, is this an expensive task for a gun-smith to do?

I CANNOT BELIEVE that the Century Arms folks did not see how off-center this barrel was before putting it together. It is SCARY how STUPID their assemblers have to be to miss this. Absolutely SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!

To Century Arms assemblers --->
    They don't call them drunken monkey's for nothing.

To your question on the barrel. I would think $90 for the barrel but $150 to put it in the trunion and then position the gas block and front sight tower.

Forum Administrator

Send me your number by PM and I'll walk you through the process.....also muck the Laser boresighter they don't work with this rifle at all. I'll have you in the bulls-eye in "know" time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12