Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Pump action AK-47

  1. #1

    Pump action AK-47

    Stumbled upon this while tinkering on YT, fist time seeing this and became amazed. Posting for those who have yet to see this model, first thing that comes to mind for me was a full sniper setup.

    Enjoy


    <=|CAUTION AVATAR MAY CAUSE SEIZURES|=>

  2. #2
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ObamaLand
    Posts
    2,906
    That's the "California Legal" model AK, I believe. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having one of those rifles, imo. If you're going to carry a pump rifle, might as well get one of the many civvy hunting rifles made in any # of calibers over the years.

    And yes, I can see how your avatar might cause seizures.

  3. #3
    Wouldn't make a bad conversation piece in my collection, after making a few changes.
    Now to find a dealer..





    <=|CAUTION AVATAR MAY CAUSE SEIZURES|=>

  4. #4
    Administrator Krupski's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    Posts
    10,132
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    Wouldn't make a bad conversation piece in my collection, after making a few changes.
    Now to find a dealer..

    <=|CAUTION AVATAR MAY CAUSE SEIZURES|=>
    You WANT one of those?

    Oh and welcome to Gunsnet!

    And... please change that avatar. It looks like what I see before I get a migraine headache... in fact I think I'm getting one now... that avatar! My eyes! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blonds, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

  5. #5
    i dont know what caliber that was but it looks big... id rock the hell outta that with a dragonuv barrel and a scope, would be badass

  6. #6
    Administrator imanaknut's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Posts
    6,647
    As said, the PAR-1, PAR-2 and PAR-3 were somebodies answer to the question that should never have been asked, how to five the AKM feel and be legal in anti-American states of this "union". The were basically converted from the SAR series and there have been several people who successfully converted them back to at least the semi-auto version of the AKM.

    As you can imagine they didn't go over well, and as such very few were sold. With the few that were converted, I can see them in the future being a collectors piece as a true curio.


    greeeni, like their SAR counterparts, the -1 was 7.62x39, the -2 was 5.45x39 and the -3 was 5.56x45.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Justin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    619
    It's an interesting rifle, but I'd still much rather go with a Marlin 30-30, or a Marlin in .44 magnum, and a good bolt action .308 if I was in Commiefornia.
    Last edited by Justin; 11-16-2011 at 06:41 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member tank_monkey's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kalifornia
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    That's the "California Legal" model AK, I believe. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having one of those rifles, imo. If you're going to carry a pump rifle, might as well get one of the many civvy hunting rifles made in any # of calibers over the years.

    And yes, I can see how your avatar might cause seizures.
    Nobody sells those anymore in california. The bullet button loophole allowed people to load mags on a regular AK (you just need a bullet head to depress the button to change the mag). Heck, I don't have any bullet button guns, myself. Like tens of thousands of Californians, I picked up a ton of Pre-89 ban AKs and we are allowed to grandfather them in. DOJ estimated that there are more 'assault rifles' in California than all of the guns In South dakota or Montana.

  9. #9
    Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ObamaLand
    Posts
    2,906
    Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Nobody sells those anymore in california. The bullet button loophole allowed people to load mags on a regular AK (you just need a bullet head to depress the button to change the mag). Heck, I don't have any bullet button guns, myself. Like tens of thousands of Californians, I picked up a ton of Pre-89 ban AKs and we are allowed to grandfather them in. DOJ estimated that there are more 'assault rifles' in California than all of the guns In South dakota or Montana.
    I was not aware of that factoid.

    I always thought those pump "AK" rifles were a joke anyway. As stated above I'd get a 30-30 or .44 lever rifle, or a pump hunting rifle, long before investing in some bastardized AK knock-off. Jest my 2 centavos.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Penguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Penguin Land
    Posts
    2,204
    I saw one of those for sale once here at a big five. I was quite amazed to see one for sale here. I thought that they would all be in anti gun states. It cost a good chunk of change as well. It is quite frankly an answer to a question that shouldn't have been asked in my opinion. Though chances could be decent that due to low production numbers at some point they might be collectable.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    You WANT one of those?

    Oh and welcome to Gunsnet!

    And... please change that avatar. It looks like what I see before I get a migraine headache... in fact I think I'm getting one now... that avatar! My eyes! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for the welcoming, yes I would like to get my hands on one, not only for the rarity but to also learn the mechanics before my alterations into a drag/tiger style sniper rifle. Managed to find a decent avatar that wont cause seizures lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    greeeni, like their SAR counterparts, the -1 was 7.62x39, the -2 was 5.45x39 and the -3 was 5.56x45.
    Have done some minor research and I am seeing the PAR-3 being chambered in 5.56x45 which might be the first one I aim for, might even go as far as trying to convert it to take an AR mag. Although it is possible (Red Jacket Firearms) converted a Saiga to accept the AR mags, don't know if I personally would be able to get it done. Maybe with learning from this forum the conversion wouldn't be so bad.
    Last edited by TheDreamer; 11-17-2011 at 07:03 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Penguin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Penguin Land
    Posts
    2,204
    If you alter the gun it may lose a lot of it potential colocter value.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    If you alter the gun it may lose a lot of it potential colocter value.
    If I were to "get my hands on one" it technically would be two, it's like buying a Mosin or any "collectible" some are very rare and collectible and some you can pick up for $80. Being $80 would automatically get the synthetic stock and become a "modernized sporter". Having two would allow me to leave one in factory condition for the collection value and the other for my Frankenstein workshop to become my latest "man wtf is that, that thing is awesome" rifle.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDreamer View Post
    If I were to "get my hands on one" it technically would be two, it's like buying a Mosin or any "collectible" some are very rare and collectible and some you can pick up for $80. Being $80 would automatically get the synthetic stock and become a "modernized sporter". Having two would allow me to leave one in factory condition for the collection value and the other for my Frankenstein workshop to become my latest "man wtf is that, that thing is awesome" rifle.
    I have a PAR-3 .223 caliber version of this in excellent condition I am going to sell. When doing a little reading online about it I stumbled on this thread and saw that you were interested in one. I didnt find a single one for sale anywhere online, but the very few old listings I found that had sold or been advertised in the past had a 10 round black magazine and mine comes with a 30 round in wood to match the rifle.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
VigLink badge