Thread: "map pricing " for new glocks, is this bullshit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

"map pricing " for new glocks, is this bullshit?

I passed on a link for glocks that I thought might help my local ffl. He tells me
    If you advertise new gen 3 for under $499 and new &gen4 for under $549 and get caught the distributor can drop your acct

The link I shared was $50 less

Wtf?

shoot me an email if you want the link
    Cwstex@gmail.com
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Having worked with an FFL for a while, I can tell you that some manufacturers are very strict about setting asking prices. Some even go so far as making sure that distributors who also sell at gun shows don't take advantage of their lower cost and use it to undercut the dealers.

That is one reason many dealers have a hard time coming off asking prices. They have to be careful they don't violate manufacturer agreements, not to mention there really isn't a big markup on firearms unless you are able to buy larger quantities.

Yep it's how they've done that for years, you can sell a glock for any price you want but to advertise a price you must stick to the guidelines.

A major independent retail outlet here sells 4th Gen to military & police members for $425+ tax= $453 out the door with 3 mags. They advertise as "special offers on certain brands to military and police"
    a most excellent deal if you qualify. They pull the 3rd mag from all civilian Glocks sold.
    Hell-bent, 100%, Texan til' I die...
    "Is not safe... Is GUN" -anonymous Russian Soldier

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Soldado View Post
    A major independent retail outlet here sells 4th Gen to military & police members for $425+ tax= $453 out the door with 3 mags. They advertise as "special offers on certain brands to military and police"
    a most excellent deal if you qualify. They pull the 3rd mag from all civilian Glocks sold.
    They have that here. Security guards, police, military, EMT, firemen, etc., can order through certain distributors and get certain models at special pricing.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    They have that here. Security guards, police, military, EMT, firemen, etc., can order through certain distributors and get certain models at special pricing.
    These are the "blue label" Glocks. Fixed price and 3 mags. About $100 less than the "white label" glocks.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Having worked with an FFL for a while, I can tell you that some manufacturers are very strict about setting asking prices. Some even go so far as making sure that distributors who also sell at gun shows don't take advantage of their lower cost and use it to undercut the dealers.

That is one reason many dealers have a hard time coming off asking prices. They have to be careful they don't violate manufacturer agreements, not to mention there really isn't a big markup on firearms unless you are able to buy larger quantities.

Isn't that called "Price Fixing"? And isn't that illegal?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Isn't that called "Price Fixing"? And isn't that illegal?
    In the case of glock we were told we could sell them at any price, we couldn't advertise less then their guideline price.