Thread: Yugo AK47 front sight info

Yugo AK47 front sight info

Can someone provide info on a front sight tool specifically made to work with the Yugo front sight?

Also what is the function of the lever on the sight assembly?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

I believe the front site uses the standard AK adjusting tool. It looks like a "C"-clamp. Check Apex or Cope's. Virtually anyone who stocks AK parts has the adjusting tool.

If you are talking about the lever on the rear sight block, it is what locks the upper handguard/gas tube assembly in place. Some are very hard to move, and I have had several that I just use pliers to move it. Do not use the pliers to bend it outward as this could break it, just use them to help in rotating the lever.

That is unless you have stronger fingers than mine, which is the case for most people.

OK, I lied...just checked and couldn't find one on Apex but Cope's has two. The new round one looks interesting. Never tried it, in fact never saw it before.

http://www.copesdistributing.net/adv...t+tool&x=0&y=0

Thanks for you input. The lever I'm refering to is mounted on the aft support of the FRONT sight and flips to the horizontal position with no obvious function.

Tapco makes a AK47 front sight adjusting tool but specifically states it does not work on the Yugo version!!