Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zastava PAP conversion

So I'm just about finished. Just need my AFG and its all set for now. Shoots and balances really well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Looks like printerman finger phucked the hell out your rifle.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Looks good man! I installed 2 moe rails on the original handguards for my vertical grip and flashlight. Not sure I want to change out the original thumbhole stock cause its so comfortable, but that pistol grip looks tight. Has anyone found a decent place to get 10 round mags? Or is the general concensus to do a hi cap conversion?

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Looks like printerman finger phucked the hell out your rifle.
    No idea what your referring to, but ok as long as he buys me a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Looks good man! I installed 2 moe rails on the original handguards for my vertical grip and flashlight. Not sure I want to change out the original thumbhole stock cause its so comfortable, but that pistol grip looks tight. Has anyone found a decent place to get 10 round mags? Or is the general concensus to do a hi cap conversion?

Im pretty sure the wasr 10/63 single stack magazines fit in the PAP. The grips are MFT engage. I love the replaceable front/backstraps.

Quote Originally Posted by jcpg View Post
    He likes tranny sausage. He is too cheap to buy you a drink and he Tapco rape you until you squeal like a pig and beg him to stop touching your AK.

All joking aside Welcome to the forum from the bottom the sewer. I'm the sewer moderator, where all the turds end up at the end of the day. The sewer is home to those that wish to settle things without any modship. I know, a moderator for an unmoderated forum might seem odd, but once you have your post count and get your big boy britches you are can slum with the rest of us and see why the Roadhouse is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    He likes tranny sausage. He is too cheap to buy you a drink and he Tapco rape you until you squeal like a pig and beg him to stop touching your AK.

All joking aside Welcome to the forum from the bottom the sewer. I'm the sewer moderator, where all the turds end up at the end of the day. The sewer is home to those that wish to settle things without any modship. I know, a moderator for an unmoderated forum might seem odd, but once you have your post count and get your big boy britches you are can slum with the rest of us and see why the Roadhouse is what it is.
    Only you dude.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by jcpg View Post
    Printerman is like a mentaly disabled kid with a fixation for religious conspiracy theories, but not as addorable.

He's also a major shareholder of TAPCO if his rifle is any indicator.

Supposedly Izmash hired him as a design consultant for the AK112.

Two weeks after this press release, Izmash filed for bankruptcy. Coincidence?

I get tired just seeing that guy lift that thing.
    Last edited by AKTexas; 05-03-2012 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Printerman is like a mentaly disabled kid with a fixation for religious conspiracy theories, but not as addorable.

He's also a major shareholder of TAPCO if his rifle is any indicator.

Supposedly Izmash hired him as a design consultant for the AK112.

Two weeks after this press release, Izmash filed for bankruptcy. Coincidence?
    Probably not all you have to do is look at the faces in the background. They already know!!!
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Only you dude.
    Yeah and everyone else too...

I've heard the wasr10 single stacks will work in the pap. I just ordered 4 from this sight so fingers crossed, and they seem to be cheaper than most other surplus places. Check it out. The conversion is an option, but personally I dont trust myself to hack into brand new rifle.
    http://www.clearviewinvest.com/akrom...lmagazine.aspx

fyi, got these in the mail and sold them off a week later, they didnt fit at all. Just gonna do the conversion.
    Last edited by Kevlar; 05-31-2012 at 11:04 PM.

What exact type of reciever do they use? tks

upper HG

How did anyone get the upper handguard off without cutting or breaking it...i can't get mine to budge and would really like to get my rail system on tomorrow
    Last edited by wardpoet; 06-02-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wardpoet View Post
    How did anyone get the upper handguard off without cutting or breaking it...i can't get mine to budge and would really like to get my rail system on tomorrow
    I assume you mean how to get the wood off from the Gas Tube. Clamp the milled flat sides in a vice lightly, this is to prevent the tube from rotating. Why, because you have to rotate the wood to get it off, it is U shaped. When it is rotated to the 6:00 position it will come free of the ferrules around the tube that hold it.

Wow! That looks great! Had no idea ACE was making PAP adapters. I still don't see them on their website.

Can you give a little more info on how you did this? It looks great. I can't see any seams on the adapter from the pic. Did you use Bondo? Also, how did you mount it since the Yugo trunion uses the single bolt through the rear instead of the top screws like other AK's? If I can save $50, I can buy an awful lot of ammo/fun for that.

Quote Originally Posted by maxxram View Post
    I called ACE about the stock adapter, they are selling for $44.99 plus shipping.
    For that price I will stick with the one I made for half the cost and that includes the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by StojanMan View Post
    Wow! That looks great! Had no idea ACE was making PAP adapters. I still don't see them on their website.
    You have to call them directly the part number is AKRBZ

i did this to my pap and it was real easy and just took some time, but i only had gloss black and i dont like that so i will sand it down and redo in flat. i did this before i even put one shell through mine but i love it.

I have been able to find mags on the Century Arms sight $13.95 each must by like 5 to meet minimum.

I found them on Century's site as well, but you need to hold an FFL in order to receive that price. I'm still searching for an online dealer with that sells them.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
    Plato

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast