Thread: lets see your od iron!

lets see your od iron!

I remember a couple years back reading about a few folks having military vehicles. since then i have acquired one of my own. It may only be a cucv, but i have wanted one of these for years. Mine is a 1985 m1028 with 50k on the clock. Needs some work still, but nothing major so far.

Anyways, lets see what the other folks on here have got as far as this kind of militaria goes!

Here's mine:

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 a-kmanator's Avatar

Pretty slick yj there ak.

C'mon though, I know there are more folks with military vehicles on here. Let's see 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by h311bi11y View Post
    I remember a couple years back reading about a few folks having military vehicles. since then i have acquired one of my own. It may only be a cucv, but i have wanted one of these for years. Mine is a 1985 m1028 with 50k on the clock. Needs some work still, but nothing major so far.

Anyways, lets see what the other folks on here have got as far as this kind of militaria goes!

Here's mine:

Man I want one so bad.

I got to work on a bunch awhile back (seems like every F.D. has a couple) they also seem to have the old jeeps too, but they didn't flip my skirt like the classic GMC's did.

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Man I want one so bad.

I got to work on a bunch awhile back (seems like every F.D. has a couple) they also seem to have the old jeeps too, but they didn't flip my skirt like the classic GMC's did.
    Well, if you want to get one, they can still be found at auction in a lot of places. Only trick is inspecting thoroughly beforehand of course. I got mine from a private party about an hour away from me. I had been wanting one for years myself. They may not be fast or super powerful, but man do they do well off pavement.

Cool I would love to get an old army jeep some day. Or a duce and a half. I am rather sure some place around here is selling old surplus military vehicles because I am seeing a lot of them poping up these days. I just need to find out where and for how much.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..