Thread: SURPRISE! GunsNet going down for an upgrade.

SURPRISE! GunsNet going down for an upgrade.

Hey folks..I'm taking GN offline for a little bit to upgrade our software.

Hold on to your hats!

-Alex
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Ok folks, I went ahead and updated GN to the latest version of VBulletin with all the required security patches. You may notice some differences.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Some things may not work properly if using the Blackened theme. Guns Network Staff is going to look for an upgrade to it.
    -=Alex=-

The upgrade just downgraded me.
    I can no longer edit my posts, or go advanced when needed.

Messed up!!!
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Looks Good !

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

The "Whats New" feature sure looks a lot different than it used to, in a bad way.

Thanks for keeping us online though.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 EddieB310's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joey51 View Post
    The upgrade just downgraded me.
    I can no longer edit my posts, or go advanced when needed.

Messed up!!!
    It looks like your user name has been changed to Joey. At least from this end.
    Last edited by EddieB310; 06-30-2012 at 09:09 PM.

Portal button won't work for me any more. When I click on it, it just reloads the Forum page. I can't access "New Posts" anywhere.

portal is down because we have to install the newer version. Click on NEW POSTS on the sub menu above,
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Folks..

Portal and edit doesnt work for now. Tomorrow I will work with VBulletin on the edit issue, and "who's online" has a bug..showing "unknown location", then I'll get with David so he can do maintenance.
    -=Alex=-

Thanks for all your hard work.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

no prob. David still needs to work his magic.. I'll get w/him today.
    -=Alex=-

ok.. I tested the "Blackened" theme since I like that one the best.. editing and posting works fine. I think all themes should work fine. Worked till 11pm last night..didnt get a hold of David.. Hopefully no more server issues at work..if not, I'll get w/Guns Network Staff today.
    -=Alex=-