Thread: Identifying help

Identifying help

Ok I got my first SKS yesterday at a great price from a buddy of mine. I know there were many SKS's made from several sources so that has me wanting to know the source and date of mine. Also I understand some are made strictly for export and others are made for military use then later exported. So I want to know if mine was a export or military. Here is what I know. My SKS is a Chinese Norinco and came with a spike bayonet the factory mark is a triangle with what apears to have the number 3 inside fallowed by 3 Chinese charicters then the serial # (wich will not be posted on a website im sure you understand). The SN # matches on all stamped parts including the stock wich is stamped directly into the wood on the left side of the stock. But the trigger group stamp looks more like it was done with a engraver and is located on the underside of the trigger gaurd wich looks odd to me being the rest are clearly stamped. How do I use this information to find the details on my firearm. I am looking for date, original use, type, and origin of the firearm along with any other intresting information that may turn up. Thanks for the help guys

go to survivors sks boards . they have all the info you could ever want about the many different nationalities of sks rifle .....
    TREUE BIS IN DEN TOD