Thread: Marlin 9mm Camp

Thumbs up Marlin 9mm Camp

Picked up a Marlin 9mm Camp rifle yesterday @ the gunshow...near mint...perfect bluing/stock.
    Came with 4 rd mag, but I found 2 unopened Marlin 12 rd camp magazines on a table...must of been meant to be....I've never seen the actual camp mags at a show.

I had no intention of buying a camp 9mm because I haven't seen one at a show in over 2 yrs.

At that show I passed on one for $425 that had a couple dents in the wood and some freckling in the bluing.

I thought I way over paid on this one @ $600 otd (guy wanted $700) but I actually got an offer for $700 at the show for it.

After research I see on auction sites starting @ $500 with actual bids on them with days left on the bids...saw an ended auction that one went for $725...So I feel a little better.

I read about the crappy factory buffers breaking apart so I ordered two buffers from Blackjack and two 16.5 lb springs from Wolff...won't shoot it until I get them and drop them in.

Last edited by NRAJOE; 03-10-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    Patron Life member NRA

U.S. Army Combat Engineer
    237th Eng. Batt.
    Heilbronn,Germany 1976-79

Cool. I have actually been looking for one myself. Shot one years ago but that one didn't have a checkerd stock.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Nice carbine. I had one of them when they first came out. The only turnoff for me was the mag well. Even without the mag in it, I thought it stuck out too far for my liking. However, it ran like a champ. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of mine now.

I think ya done good!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I like it... I've wanted a 9mm carbine for a while. I wish I'd picked up a 7.62x25 carbine with a pile of surplus ammo when they were cheap...

Thanks guys...actually went there to buy either a Marlin 336 or the new YUGO/Serbian Tokarev in 9mm....wouldn't you know there were some beauty 336's and 1 of the Toks there.

Almost went ahead and bought the Tok too but wanted to hold on to some money for the show next weekend @ my Gunclub.

Had it in the back of my mind to get a 9mm Camp if one showed up but really didn't think one would!

Was handling the Tok and put it back and decided to walk around the whole show one more time....walked back up to the front to make another lap and there the guy was in the 2nd row.

Thats where I also found the two unopened 12 rd Camp mags...fate.

Trying to decide if I'll put a 3x scope on it, or a compact red dot.
    Patron Life member NRA

237th Eng. Batt.

I always thought that 9mm carbines were a little lame until I got my Sub2000. They're a blast to shoot and I read somewhere that due to the 16" barrel, the projectile has the same energy left at 100 yards that a 9mm handgun has at the muzzle. If it were me, I'd go with a compact red dot.

I havent seen one in about 7 years.

always looking out for one to suppress.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Cool. I have actually been looking for one myself. Shot one years ago but that one didn't have a checkerd stock.
    Checkered stock was one of the reasons for picking it up, looks alot better than the smooth stocks.
    Patron Life member NRA

237th Eng. Batt.

Neat, sure wish someone would make a mp5 semi with a 16in bbl and long hk foregrip for $700.