Thread: Return of the Twinkie

Return of the Twinkie

i hope none of you bought any of those super over priced Twinkies on ebay. if you did i bet you feel a little dumb right now.

i'm glad the Ho Hos are coming back. those, along with Ding Dongs, were the bomb.

The New York Times reports that more than 100 companies bid for Twinkies. Bankrupt Hostess sold the brand, along with its lesser-known counterparts Ho Hos, Sno Balls and Dolly Madison Zingers, to Apollo Global Management and Metropoulos & Company for $410 million.

Those two companies own Pabst Blue Ribbon and Vlasic pickles. The NYT says C. Dean Metropoulos will likely be the new CEO. The deal includes five former Hostess factories, which will hopefully be shipping yellow confections to your local supermarket in a few months.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/return...214311970.html
    I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yawn ..... didn't eat them before, won't be eating them when they come back.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Around here they deep fry them in batter then roll in powdered sugar.....................yum............chris3

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Hopefully Mayor Bloomingidiot of New York City will have a full cow over this and take himself out of the public arena.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

No union labor with the new company.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/twinkies-h...4/25/id/501385

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    No union labor with the new company.
    Well, that should make them cheaper you'd think... unless the new owners pocket all the difference.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Man, I just swtiched over to the numerous off brad versions that sprang up in that vacum.

Thank you Grupo Bibo! (Now if only y'all could make those Gansitos stay moist in the package...)

What abou those choclate cup cakes with the cream filling? Those are the ones I liked.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    What abou those choclate cup cakes with the cream filling? Those are the ones I liked.
    They sell a generic knock off at 7-11 in these parts.

Check you local super markets and convenience stores. A lot of regional bakeries started making thei own version of Hostess stuff when the "panic buying" hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    They sell a generic knock off at 7-11 in these parts.

Check you local super markets and convenience stores. A lot of regional bakeries started making thei own version of Hostess stuff when the "panic buying" hit.
    I'll have to take a look. I haven't bothered just because I figured they were all gone and any replacement would be sub standard. It is a also a case of I never really bought them much. Just every now and then. It isn't really untill they are gone that you miss them.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Great Value has been making their version of various Hostess and Little Debbie stuff for a while now.

their Ding Dongs and Cupcakes suck but their Nutty Bars and Swiss Cake Rolls are pretty good as are their Donettes. i have not tried their Twinkies tho.

then there are others like Mrs Freshly's and another one i can't remember that are fairly popular around here and they make knock-off fruit pies and honey buns and stuff.
    I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Glad to hear than an American snack icon is coming back. I didn't buy them too often, usually going for wal-mart version like Broondog says, but I tend to prefer Little Debbie's stuff. I think they're just as good as Hostess and at a lower cost.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Bleached whipped and sweetened beef fat .....crammed by extrusion machines into a cake mix with enough preservatives to last for several years .....Where's Doomberg when he's needed ?
    Nothing but the finest weapon construction and parts used !

Quote Originally Posted by printerman View Post
    Bleached whipped and sweetened beef fat .....crammed by extrusion machines into a cake mix with enough preservatives to last for several years .....Where's Doomberg when he's needed ?
    this is covered under the "pursuit of happiness" clause.

back the fuck up off of my snack cakes!!

Jimi Hendrix