Thread: Anyone See G.I. Joe: Retaliation yet? :D

Anyone See G.I. Joe: Retaliation yet? :D

Fun, despite PG rating. Vast majority of the guns are FN SCAR rifles. Good sword fighting and a lot of guys falling to their deaths from mountain tops. I honestly think that this shows the most deaths by high fall in the history of cinema.

Also, I now have a thing for Adrianne Palicki. I knew who she was before and thought she was kinda weird looking, but she was HOT in this movie!
    Last edited by tank_monkey; 04-22-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Fixed the pic. Gotta be careful with those crafty anti hotlinking bots!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Re: Anyone See G.I. Joe: Retaliation yet? :D

Yes she is a honey. She was the new wonderwoman but that ship has sailed.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I saw it with my brother and cousin opening weekend.

The mountaintop ninja fight scenes with zip-lines were badass!

Bruce Willis' massive hidden gun collection in his house wasn't bad either, loved the pineapple grenades in the fruit bowl.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

No plans to see it. I'm pissed about the changing of Government Issue Joe being turned into a U.N. world force. And no, I did not see the first one either.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Yes she is a honey. She was the new wonderwoman but that ship has sailed.
    Yep, the movie execs really screwed the pooch on that one. Another case of P.C. run amoke.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    No plans to see it. I'm pissed about the changing of Government Issue Joe being turned into a U.N. world force.
    Unfortunately that was done purely for BOX OFFICE reasons. Foreigners (surprise) have little vested interest in seeing an "all American force" kick bad guy ass. They themselves, want to seem relevant. The first move (making them more international) paid off. The movie did REALLY well overseas, netting tens of millions from European and Asian markets.

Also it's the GEORGE LUCAS factor, i.e. make everything so that you can sell toys to kids all around the world. It wasn't PC. It was purely a marketing strategy to make money.