Thread: Cool Form of Silver Bullion

There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Lol neat but I will stick with coin, thanks.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Neat, but not $45 per oz. neat... not with spot in the $23 range.

IIRC Broondog did a thread about these a couple months ago with a link to the manufacturer, who again IIRC, had more reasonable pricing directly from them.

yep i did. here's the link to the manufacturer. and they are selling it spot on (pun intended).

http://silverbulletbullion.com/

and the other thread if anyone is interested in history.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...silver-bullion
    I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I'll wait till silver is under $10 an ounce again before I even think about a 5% overall investment. I listen to a lot of XM shows with smart people, but they all hawk gold and silver(sure I understand the show generates revenue from them) and it's funny listening to how great Silver and Gold are as investments, and they are poised to double and triple while they plummet!!!!!! Long term they are neither a smart or safe investment. The best investments are as Dave Ramnsey says, Growth stock mutual funds with long track records of 10,15,20 years with returns of 11% or more.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I'll wait till silver is under $10 an ounce again before I even think about a 5% overall investment. I listen to a lot of XM shows with smart people, but they all hawk gold and silver(sure I understand the show generates revenue from them) and it's funny listening to how great Silver and Gold are as investments, and they are poised to double and triple while they plummet!!!!!! Long term they are neither a smart or safe investment. The best investments are as Dave Ramnsey says, Growth stock mutual funds with long track records of 10,15,20 years with returns of 11% or more.
    Going to disagree with you on the gold investing. People, family included thought I was nuts when I started buying lots of gold eagles when it was $272 per oz. Well even with the last dip, looks like maybe I wasnt a dip. I did jump in & buy 2 more oz's at $1388.60 last week. When, not if inflation kicks in.... As for Dave Ramsey, hes a smart man. Growth funds are great. But not when the country is 16+ trillion in debt. A crash is coming that will make 07 & 08 look like childs play.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

last time i was at cabelas they had real 50bmg rounds for sale in those same "one count" boxes. the prices were about the same.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Seen this before. Don't need to shoot Werewolves.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by nitewatcher View Post
    Going to disagree with you on the gold investing. People, family included thought I was nuts when I started buying lots of gold eagles when it was $272 per oz. Well even with the last dip, looks like maybe I wasnt a dip. I did jump in & buy 2 more oz's at $1388.60 last week. When, not if inflation kicks in.... As for Dave Ramsey, hes a smart man. Growth funds are great. But not when the country is 16+ trillion in debt. A crash is coming that will make 07 & 08 look like childs play.
    When was the last time gold or silver was used as a trade good when the currency collapsed? You might have gotten in on that train at the right time luckily for the last 10 years but you'll crash and burn eventualy.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    When was the last time gold or silver was used as a trade good when the currency collapsed? You might have gotten in on that train at the right time luckily for the last 10 years but you'll crash and burn eventualy.
    For what it's worth. It's more about storing value more than it is about a barter value.

http://bullmarketthinking.com/argent...and-resources/

“Gold & silver are one of the things that protect you from these sorts of events…If you had ten ounces of gold in Argentina before 2001, after the crisis you were the happiest guy in the country. You had your money protected from what basically wiped out 60-70% of the purchasing power of people’s savings…Same thing in Cyprus. Instead of having $10k or $100k in a bank in Cyprus, if you had that same amount of money in gold, you’re not affected by all this that’s happening. You have quite a bit of leverage and resources.”
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

You make a valid point about gold & silver as a trade for currency. However, my gold eagles, silver eagles, & pre-65 coins will always be at least worth face value. I can & will be able to take them to the store & buy groceries. Try doing that with your mutual funds. Also unless you have a self-directed mutual fund, a brokers fee is 2-3%. Plus you get a 1099 for you cap gains which depending on your income will be 15-25% not counting the cap gain rate your state may charge.