Thread: The 90% stat Obie keeps thowing around...

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The 90% stat Obie keeps thowing around...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...edd9_page.html

Seems it is 86% in a poll that over samples Dems by 10% and under samples gun owners. My guess would be they polled nobody outside of the N.E. States... Propaganda push poll...

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

It's BS and Hussein is a know serial liar.
    Returns June 3rd.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes it was mostly democraps and 3 NE states taht comprised the poll from what I read on Fox.

You knew they didn't poll fly over territory...

If they accurately polled the American people then they wouldn't have any polls to quote.

Answers to some of the other questions lead me to think it's probably not wildly inaccurate.

Q: you or does anyone in your house own a gun, or not?
    43% do
    55% don't

Q: (IF GUN IN HOUSEHOLD) Do you personally own a gun or not?
    69% yes
    31% no

Q: Do you think having a gun in the house makes it (a safer place to be) or (a more dangerous place to be)?
    51% safer
    29% more dangerous
    16% depends

It doesn't seem like gun owners who think a gun is a good thing to have around are particularly left out. To get to that 86% requires a lot of those admitted gun owners to vote in support of background checks

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post

It doesn't seem like gun owners who think a gun is a good thing to have around are particularly left out. To get to that 86% requires a lot of those admitted gun owners to vote in support of background checks
    And I'd think you would have a hard time on the board to find more than maybe one to agree to that. Large over sampling of women and minorities?

Ive got to wonder if some of these poorly sampled surveys aren't cherry picked to achieve specified results. It wouldn't be hard to do with such a wide base of questions- just keep asking questions until there is a body of responses that lends credibility to the desired subject AND returns the desired response on a given subject. The poll takers don't specify if respondents (or any survey questions) were discarded either- just who the included respondents CLAIM to be.
    Hell, why not just make it all up??
    CHOOT UM!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    Ive got to wonder if some of these poorly sampled surveys aren't cherry picked to achieve specified results. It wouldn't be hard to do with such a wide base of questions- just keep asking questions until there is a body of responses that lends credibility to the desired subject AND returns the desired response on a given subject. The poll takers don't specify if respondents (or any survey questions) were discarded either- just who the included respondents CLAIM to be.
    Hell, why not just make it all up??
    That is why I called it a "push poll". A push poll is what you are talking about; they want a certain result so the poll is set up to return that result by the wording, question order, adjustments to the demographics. In the last several years they have been over sampling dems by about 10% or more.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    That is why I called it a "push poll". A push poll is what you are talking about; they want a certain result so the poll is set up to return that result by the wording, question order, adjustments to the demographics. In the last several years they have been over sampling dems by about 10% or more.
    Ahhhh I get it now. Very little doubt about it I'd say. It is pretty clear to those paying attention that the .gov will do pretty much whatever it wants these days
    CHOOT UM!