Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: boston bomb materials.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

boston bomb materials.

it sad, but i just had to laugh my ass off at how hard the media is trying to spin this whole bombing against guns.

i was so happy when i saw all over the news that the powder used in the bombs was taken from fireworks. there you go. no need to even mention the 2a. or so i thought.

im listening to the news today, and as it turns out, the boston bombs were made by cutting open fireworks to take out the gunpowder from inside them.

it was such a sad attempt i just had to laugh my ass of at them. there are no facts or truths that will stop them from avoiding them or lying to report the story they want.

It is pretty pathetic. But I'm sure there will be calls to ban the sale/possession of fireworks (except for the "professionals," of course) before this is all over...
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    It is pretty pathetic. But I'm sure there will be calls to ban the sale/possession of fireworks (except for the "professionals," of course) before this is all over...
    It would make sense.

These people hate America. They Hate our traditions. They hate anything that brings plebians joy.

So why not fuck with the 4th of July? Am I right?

I watched this story break. After about 5 minutes it was clear just from the TV shots that it was a low order detonation and by reporter comments that it was probably a gunpowder bomb. I couldn't help thinking it was being way overblown, but apparently Rahm's rule was quickly put to use and the whole affair turned into a test to see how much the temperature could be turned up on the frog in the pot full of water.
    CHOOT UM!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    It would make sense.

These people hate America. They Hate our traditions. They hate anything that brings plebians joy.

So why not fuck with the 4th of July? Am I right?
    You are right. They'll pick something to attack just because they know it hurts us as individuals, regardless of any political advantage it could give them.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm tired of fuck-heads attacking US traditional Society. If they hate it so bad, don't come here or get the fuck out! You see these parents of the Muslim bombers on TV? Liars, noting but lies and stupid shit about how their boys are framed. We need to stop letting these Muslim fuck-heads in the US and kick the ones here out.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    In most states owning or selling fireworks is already illegal. In the states where it is legal, you can only sell, possess, and light off fireworks during a very short period of time (the 7 days leading up to July 4th and a few days before New Years). There are very few states where these restrictions don't apply, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, and I am not positive about Idaho. As for Massachusetts, they are illegal, as is most everything else that is fun (http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/dfs/n...nforcement.pdf).
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    In most states owning or selling fireworks is already illegal. In the states where it is legal, you can only sell, possess, and light off fireworks during a very short period of time (the 7 days leading up to July 4th and a few days before New Years). There are very few states where these restrictions don't apply, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, and I am not positive about Idaho. As for Massachusetts, they are illegal, as is most everything else that is fun (http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/dfs/n...nforcement.pdf).
    Some fireworks are legal here. We can set them off whenever. I do travel to other states to get the "good" stuff. One of my neighbors is the chief of police. Never had a problem lighting off the good stuff. Our display always draws a crowd!

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    it sad, but i just had to laugh my ass off at how hard the media is trying to spin this whole bombing against guns.

i was so happy when i saw all over the news that the powder used in the bombs was taken from fireworks. there you go. no need to even mention the 2a. or so i thought.

im listening to the news today, and as it turns out, the boston bombs were made by cutting open fireworks to take out the gunpowder from inside them.

it was such a sad attempt i just had to laugh my ass of at them. there are no facts or truths that will stop them from avoiding them or lying to report the story they want.
    I'm surprised they didn't try to weave in something like "gunpowder of the type used in 'assault' rifles".
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Well, as a resident of Georgia, I can tell you that there is a wide variety of fireworks that are legal. And a quick hop across the border to South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, or Florida will get you a much wider variety. These are, of course, 'consumer' grade fireworks, as opposed to 'commercial' grade fireworks. You would have to open more of em to get enough boom stuff.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    Well, as a resident of Georgia, I can tell you that there is a wide variety of fireworks that are legal. And a quick hop across the border to South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, or Florida will get you a much wider variety. These are, of course, 'consumer' grade fireworks, as opposed to 'commercial' grade fireworks. You would have to open more of em to get enough boom stuff.
    In Florida you can get pretty much any fireworks you want. There is a loophole in the law that allows fireworks for agricultural purposes (i.e. to scare off critters). You just have to sign a form stating the intended use. Now I assume they will want to close the agricultural loophole.

Funnier still, fireworks are already illegal in massive two shits. You still hear plenty of them going on every july 4th. Folks just drive up to Hampton beach NH, just over the border, where its practically an open flee market. New Hampshire winks at it which pisses of the mass state police. They illegally send undercover troopers over there who look for mass liscense plates and them pull them over when the cross back into mass. Most people avoid the pullovers by taking a leiserly route back or spend the afternoon there, which just boosts the NH economy more. It is all a stupid big joke and has been for years. Mass is such a bullshit nanny state. Sadly most of the sheeple go baaa baa baa and comply, thinking it's fucking heavan.

PS I should have read the above posts more closely.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Add Indiana to the fireworks freedom states. I think the only rule we have is no bangs between 11PM and 10 AM or something like that except on July 3 and 4, or something like that. It is nice to be able to light off a firecracker and not have to worry about getting fined or worse for enjoying a tradition.

I can't see the 0bama regime dinging China over this, I mean how much do they make each year from the US on fireworks alone? Then again bush the first stopped imports of ak parts, or was that klintoon?

can only have sparklers here.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

id bet scraping down some sparklers would produce some explosives.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    id bet scraping down some sparklers would produce some explosives.
    When I was about 12-13 we had bought a bunch of sparklers and we were burning them one at a time. I got this great idea that if one sparkler was cool, a box would be great, and if a box would be great a few boxes would be outstanding. We lit the box that was holding a couple of hundred sparklers, at first a couple of sparklers lit off, that was alright, then they all lit off. Actually they all exploded. I have never done that again!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I live in South Bend Indiana and you can purchase almost any kind of fireworks you like..on New Years Eve and about one week before the 4th of July it literally sounds like a war zone when you go outside..the police never bother anyone and people are lighting off some really heavy duty stuff in the street of residential neighborhoods..

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    can only have sparklers here.
    Sparklers, smoke bombs, roman candles, fountains, novelties, etc. - they don't like the little bottle rockets but they don't seem to fret it much (unless somebody has a cow).
    The "artillery shell" things that fire charges high up then make flowers, stars, etc., are banned.
    That being said, 50 miles away in Jefferson county, MO, are several shops that have a very good selection.
    If it isn't absurdly hot or too dry (woods behind the house), I have a pretty good show for the kids.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I need to download some pics of the show. Years ago the wife was worried about the noise. (chief of police neighbor) After the 4th we were walking the dogs. Go past the chief's house. He says. Paul. come here. Wife says, oh boy are you gonna get it. Neighbor tells me Nice Show. The next year we invited him. (his daughter used to baby sit our kids). He told me that he would love to. But that he couldn't. Though. He and his family were sitting in lawn chairs in their driveway!

Same guy pulled me over when I had my 69 Camaro SS. This was at a car show. I wasn't speeding. But he wanted to stop the other guys from doing burn outs. He told me that he really just wanted to check out my car. At the time he had a 56 Chevy in his garage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast