Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70%!!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

That lower receiver is sick! Every AR should have that!

And Gonzo, you any closer to finishing your rifle?
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    That lower receiver is sick! Every AR should have that!

And Gonzo, you any closer to finishing your rifle?
    Got a collapsible stock from a buddy in cali who could not use his.

Still need the BCG, Buffer & Spring, Rear sight, mags, ammo and a couple of tools.

So, getting closer but I've got other priorities right now. No point in floating bills for a rifle I won't be able to shoot till next year.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post

Still need the BCG, Buffer & Spring, Rear sight, mags, ammo and a couple of tools.

So, getting closer but I've got other priorities right now. No point in floating bills for a rifle I won't be able to shoot till next year.
    nah brother we will get you shooting
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    nah brother we will get you shooting
    Hell yeah!

It's great community here.

When I get a couple bucks ahead I might throw up a "want to buy" flag or two and see what happens.

Last week PSA had blemished BCGs for 100 bucks. I picked up one of those and a blemished upper.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Last week PSA had blemished BCGs for 100 bucks. I picked up one of those and a blemished upper.
    Nice!

I would jump right on that but I'm saving for a car right now. Dang priorities. Of course, without the auto it would be kind of hard to get to the range so it all adds up.

On the upside taking my time means I can save up for the "best of the best". I'm planning on a Fail Zero BCG and an LMT rear sight. @ $360 all together but I think it will be worth it in the long run.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I was wondering where this project was. Good to see an update.

Nice!

I would jump right on that but I'm saving for a car right now. Dang priorities. Of course, without the auto it would be kind of hard to get to the range so it all adds up.

On the upside taking my time means I can save up for the "best of the best". I'm planning on a Fail Zero BCG and an LMT rear sight. @ $360 all together but I think it will be worth it in the long run.
    I wouldn't pay that much for a BCG, but thats just me. PSA had some for $79 recently.

My dad has a S&W branded rear sight that is exactly like that LMT. While it is a high quality, lighter weight version of an A2 rear sight, I found out that I hated having a fixed rear sight when using a red dot. The fixed front is fine for me, but personally I need my rear to be flip up or use irons only. Having the fixed rear with the red dot just makes it way too busy for me.

And don't disqualify red dots because of cost. You can get high quality Vortex optics for a similar price as your LMT rear iron sight.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    And don't disqualify red dots because of cost. You can get high quality Vortex optics for a similar price as your LMT rear iron sight.
    I'll probably go for a vortex in the future. Just trying to get the thing up and running right now. I like optics but the paranoiac in me says some BUIS are necesary.

I'll probably go for a vortex in the future. Just trying to get the thing up and running right now. I like optics but the paranoiac in me says some BUIS are necesary.
    I like the BUIS too. Have a Troy rear flip-up on mine.

I've got my eye on this one from ATI:
    http://www.atigunstocks.com/ar15-sto...rce-stock.html

I've got to stretch the last bit's out over a few months due to "obligations". (Girlfriends B-Day, Buddy's wedding, GF & I's 2 year aniversary, Mom's B-Day and a Family trip to Vegas all in the next three months... )

The stock is probably my next purchase though, unless I see one of these for a price that's too hard to pass up.
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=265

dude that was my first stock set and i promise, YOU WILL NOT LIKE IT! its to bulky and it to bulky...... save up a little extra and get the magpul M.O.E stock there like 60 bucks. the C.T.R and others are 100 bucks or more. you will like the moe
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    dude that was my first stock set and i promise, YOU WILL NOT LIKE IT! its to bulky and it to bulky...... save up a little extra and get the magpul M.O.E stock there like 60 bucks. the C.T.R and others are 100 bucks or more. you will like the moe
    This is what my buddy sent:

Oh yeah? That forward assist is kind of a novelty ain't it, pops?
    Yeah, I haven't quite figured what that thing is all about yet

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

That's a nice stock, storage compartment for batteries etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    Yeah, I haven't quite figured what that thing is all about yet
    I hear it has something to do with that hot shot McNamara trying to win the war by making love to a running garbage disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    That's a nice stock, storage compartment for batteries etc.
    Heck yeah! And the price was right too! (Reminds me that I need to send a care package down to my friend when I get paid.)

That Magpul ACS-L stock will look great on a dissipator.

I bought one of those ACS stock and thought the same thing as silentkilla ...
    I put it on a shelf for a year or so, then about a month ago I was playing barbies with a couple AR's and put it on one, took it out and shot it and it really is comfortable ... not to mention the tube storage and compartment for plugs and paperwork if you are running an SBR or other NFA toy ...

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    I bought one of those ACS stock and thought the same thing as silentkilla ...
    I put it on a shelf for a year or so, then about a month ago I was playing barbies with a couple AR's and put it on one, took it out and shot it and it really is comfortable ... not to mention the tube storage and compartment for plugs and paperwork if you are running an SBR or other NFA toy ...
    sorry bro should have been more specific. i was talking about the ATI stock in the link

NICE brother!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12