Thread: Building The "Carter Special"

Building The "Carter Special"

I've been watching the old Stargate series on DVD the last couple of weeks and the "Carter Special" caught my eye. (actually, I've been pretty much ABSORBED into watching it. lol)

During season 7, blank 5.7 ammo was almost impossible to come by, do to the Gulf War, so they had to adapt to what was available. The Carter character got this.

Just for S&Gs I was thinking about putting one together. The one pictured was in 556 but I'm thinking about 300BLK.

I've got the SBR stamp on the way and the Elcan scope. The problem is that the Bell & Carlson Model #6906-02 Black Textured Synthetic Thumbhole Buttstock is no longer in production. Anyone got one laying around - cheep?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

I missed the last couple of seasons of star gate. I didn't realize that towards the end they had droped P90's. I find that funny that they would run out of 5.7 blanks. I wouldn't have thought that the war would have impacted blanks especially in that caliber.

I also find it interisting that that is what they owuld chose to give Carter. I sort of understand the Elcan scope since it is filmed in Canada if I remember right. The thumb hole stock I find an odd choice. I would have thought that they would have just gone with a more regular M4.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I have to say the thumbhole stock does nothing for me. I was a fan of the TV series. On filmed in Canada, a lot of shows are, Falling Skies is also Defiance from SyFi channel.