Thread: finally got my troy alpa rail yesterday!

were gun laws are finally making since!!!

finally got my troy alpa rail yesterday!

only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

[IMG][/IMG] pretty easy to install. i bought a midwest industires low profile gas block and this. locks onto your barrel nut with three set screws. good reviews and really solid rail.
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Digging the rail!

I like your rifle's setup. Looks like its a Bushmaster Carbon-15. I hope the polymer receiver holds up for you.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

man i've shot a couple 1000 rds from this gun and still no inperfections in the reciever or the lower. its like everything else brother, you get some thats good and some thats shit. the only bad thing about the carbon 15 is the low pro rail on the upper is about 1/16 differance in any rail i've stuck on there. this one and daniel defence's shit to. any ideas how to get that little bit out. its not much but will make my life a whole lot easier dialing in the buis on this gun.
    Last edited by silentkilla; 09-08-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Are you saying the rails are bigger or smaller than the Troy or D. Defense's railed handguards? Regardless the Railed handguards are probably in spec your polymer rifle receivers probably are not if they don't match the handguards. It is, what it is. Your BUIS front sight posts screw up and down right, adjust the post that should compensate for the 1/16th inch delta in height.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Are you saying the rails are bigger or smaller than the Troy or D. Defense's railed handguards? Regardless the Railed handguards are probably in spec your polymer rifle receivers probably are not if they don't match the handguards. It is, what it is. Your BUIS front sight posts screw up and down right, adjust the post that should compensate for the 1/16th inch delta in height.
    the rails are the same in width i'm talking elevation wise. EDIT- i got what you are saying now Shuetz. the highth of the rail on my reciever is not correct with mil-spec rails. i wonder why they did not take the time to make it right instead of letting something that simple slip by? guess they set a program when making the reciever. the Q.C must have been on vacation when that batch was made...... dumbasses
    Last edited by silentkilla; 09-21-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Don't climb up on chairs to take pictures when you're gassed! Very nice rifle.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    the rails are them same in thickness i'm talkin elevation wise
    I thought it was a matter of height or thickness as you put it, the answer remains the same.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Don't climb up on chairs to take pictures when you're gassed! Very nice rifle.
    LMAO! heard that brother! could have at least edited my sons toes out of the pic. i'm still in anniston. he took the picture for me so i could show you guys