Thread: Anyone make any home made knives?

Anyone make any home made knives?

Again hopefully the pics work. Crappy phone. First one is what I kinda like, the dart. Second is just a peice of metal I found in the river near by, and wanted to do with files and then temper. Still working on it, but doing some polish too. Third is mean, its just 1060 bar from the steel shop, using a man hole cover in the woods for an anvil. Trying to make a 1700 court sword, and have started the epee grind, Ill try to get some more done and take a pic soon. It takes a while.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Knives, yeah about 35 years ago I was into making knives. Sorry no photos. Mostly daggers, Bowie types, you seem to be making swords by contrast to my little projects.

I did a little knife making while I was living in Missouri. Buddy of mine had a small shop set up in his garage. None of the ones I made looked pretty, but his were pretty damn good.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Well I have a piece of an aluminum casting that broke at work which I sharpened on a belt sander and wrapped sand paper around the base of... That count?
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

I made a couple out of old files. Never took a ny pics but they turned out really well. Very labor intensive though.

I feel sorry for the dudes that did metal work for a living. Lots of time and sometimes blood from all the nicks and cuts. I wish I would of jumped into it sooner.