Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime

Angry Amazon Prime

Guaranteed delivery in 2 days, or they will say their sorry, we meant 6....
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Speaking from a recent experience ..... just a wild guess.

all my stuff lately has come one time, shitty time of year though.

When you order something, if you missed the timer for the day for it to be processed/sometimes shipped on that day.
    It dont get in till the next day so you're basically looking at 3-6 days, and depending on how busy the actual place selling it is.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Wife uses...

Amazon prime all the time. Never any issues. When we ship to the UP house, it usually takes more than two days. After all, that house is off the grid, almost......chris3

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    all my stuff lately has come one time, shitty time of year though.

When you order something, if you missed the timer for the day for it to be processed/sometimes shipped on that day.
    It dont get in till the next day so you're basically looking at 3-6 days, and depending on how busy the actual place selling it is.

I fully understand that ordering too late in the day can add some time, but when amazon has picked the delivery date, and has failed to meet it, it can be annyoing.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Quote Originally Posted by 308 View Post
    Most sites warn of possible shipping delays due to some really bad weather. If we are honest, Amazon has some fantastic deals and shipping usually arrives before it is expected...at least that has been my experience EVERY time.
    This. Remember the days of 6-8 weeks for delivery of ANYTHING? When expedite meant less than a month? Yeah. This less than a week stuff is plain amazing, but yeah- it's a pisser when they tell you one thing and you get another.
    CHOOT UM!

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    He added that he doesn't expect the continued growth of Prime members to slow down despite the price increase.
    I for 1 will not renew my Prime do to this increase. I've noticed that "Prime" items have risen in price lately. It used to be a big savings to get the free shipping. Not so much now. Often the price is upped to cover the cost of shipping so the consumer is actually paying the same. Pay a cheaper price and pay additional for shipping, or pay the same total price with free shipping.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

I've never paid for Prime, but they just recently e-mailed me inviting me to "try it again free for 30 days" a couple weeks ago, so I've been going hogwild watching Prime-eligible movies and reading free Kindle e-books.

- Ordered a 26-inch LED-lit 16:9 widescreen monitor to replace this small 21-inch 4:3 monitor I have now.
    - Ordered a heavy hard-cover copy of the chemistry textbook we're using right now.
    - Ordered a hard-copy compendium of research on the phylum Mollusca for bio lab.
    - Ordered a new bed-set: queen foundation, memory-foam mattress, mattress pad, pillows, sheets, comforter...

All two-day shipped for free, at least $100 in shipping expenses saved, two-day delivery.

Yeah, I'm one of those free-loading customers Amazon hates. (And no, I'm not going to be renewing my Prime membership after the 30-day trial expires.)
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I've never paid for Prime, but they just recently e-mailed me inviting me to "try it again free for 30 days" a couple weeks ago, so I've been going hogwild watching Prime-eligible movies and reading free Kindle e-books.

- Ordered a 26-inch LED-lit 16:9 widescreen monitor to replace this small 21-inch 4:3 monitor I have now.
    - Ordered a heavy hard-cover copy of the chemistry textbook we're using right now.
    - Ordered a hard-copy compendium of research on the phylum Mollusca for bio lab.
    - Ordered a new bed-set: queen foundation, memory-foam mattress, mattress pad, pillows, sheets, comforter...

All two-day shipped for free, at least $100 in shipping expenses saved, two-day delivery.

Yeah, I'm one of those free-loading customers Amazon hates. (And no, I'm not going to be renewing my Prime membership after the 30-day trial expires.)
    No one cares, parasite.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    No one cares, parasite.
    Better to be a corporate parasite than a government parasite.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Better to be a corporate parasite than a government parasite.
    Meaning?
    Returns June 3rd.

Meaning?
    Better to "mooch and leech" off the charity of a huge private company than forcing tax-payers pay for one's indulgences, wouldn't you agree?

At least membership in Amazon Prime is voluntary, not compulsory.

Better to "mooch and leech" off the charity of a huge private company than forcing tax-payers pay for one's indulgences, wouldn't you agree?

At least membership in Amazon Prime is voluntary, not compulsory.
    But you're both, and thats what threw me. Mr. $26 per month Obamacare enrollee.
    Returns June 3rd.

But you're both, and thats what threw me. Mr. $26 per month Obamacare enrollee.
    Hey, its $26/month that I wasn't paying before. And if I never need to see a doctor within the next 10 years? That's $3K towards someone else's healthcare expense that needs it.

But my plan is to finish college and land a $50K/year job. In which case I'll gladly pay the full $230/month premium.

I see nothing wrong with taking a hand-up (versus a hand-out) in the meantime.

Hey, its $26/month that I wasn't paying before. And if I never need to see a doctor within the next 10 years? That's $3K towards someone else's healthcare expense that needs it.

But my plan is to finish college and land a $50K/year job. In which case I'll gladly pay the full $230/month premium.

I see nothing wrong with taking a hand-up (versus a hand-out) in the meantime.
    Of course you don't. And when you drop out of school who pays for the tuition? If you would have ever payed income taxes in your life you'd see this way differently.
    Returns June 3rd.

Of course you don't. And when you drop out of school who pays for the tuition? If you would have ever payed income taxes in your life you'd see this way differently.
    Dude, since I've gone back to school I've maintained a 4.0 GPA without hardly even trying. I'm having way too much fun to quit now.

And I have paid net income taxes before, back when I was making nearly $18/hour working for a Fortune 500 company through a technical temp placement agency back in the booming 90's before the economy crashed and employers really started doing the background checks and getting picky about who they hire.

If all goes according to plan, I'll pay back every penny I ever got in Federal subsidies in my whole life within 3 years of working at a real job. After that, the rest is all gravy.

Dude, since I've gone back to school I've maintained a 4.0 GPA without hardly even trying. I'm having way too much fun to quit now.

And I have paid net income taxes before, back when I was making nearly $18/hour working for a Fortune 500 company through a technical temp placement agency back in the booming 90's before the economy crashed and employers really started doing the background checks and getting picky about who they hire.

If all goes according to plan, I'll pay back every penny I ever got in Federal subsidies in my whole life within 3 years of working at a real job. After that, the rest is all gravy.
    Thats complete bullshit, but present whatever facade you think you need to.
    Returns June 3rd.

Thats complete bullshit
    Which part do you doubt? Would you like for me to post one of my pay-stubs from back when I was working for Hewlett-Packard from 1997-1999?

Perhaps my college transcripts? (Granted, my GPA was kind of shitty back when I was in my early 20's attempting college on a half-assed basis, had to drop a couple classes and eat an 'F' because of work demands, but now that my mind is in the game and I'm only working part-time, I'm doing quite well and enjoying school at the same time.)

Which part do you doubt? Would you like for me to post one of my pay-stubs from back when I was working for Hewlett-Packard from 1997-1999?

Perhaps my college transcripts? (Granted, my GPA was kind of shitty back when I was in my early 20's attempting college on a half-assed basis, had to drop a couple classes and eat an 'F' because of work demands, but now that my mind is in the game and I'm only working part-time, I'm doing quite well and enjoying school at the same time.)
    Blah, blah, blah.

Don't you have an occupy event to get to?
    Returns June 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast