Thread: Deal alert, multitools

Deal alert, multitools

If you are like me, and have more then one bugout bag or the like, you know how expensive stocking them can be. I was at home depot today and came across THIS MULTI-TOOL PACK for sale for $20 instead of the normal $30. I bought one. Opened it up to find a surprisingly decent tool inside! The wirecutter in the pliers was hard enough to cut some hard tempered 16g stainless wire without deforming, the file bites, the blades had good geometry, and the general usability seemed downright decent. There's a good chance I'll go back and grab a couple more for my other bags, 'cause one of these along with a screwdriver and crescent wrench makes for the foundation of a halfway decent minimalist toolkit.

Looks like the deal is in store only though. I found it up front with the other Christmas gift packs and doodads.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    If you are like me, and have more then one bugout bag or the like, you know how expensive stocking them can be. I was at home depot today and came across THIS MULTI-TOOL PACK for sale for $20 instead of the normal $30. I bought one. Opened it up to find a surprisingly decent tool inside! The wirecutter in the pliers was hard enough to cut some hard tempered 16g stainless wire without deforming, the file bites, the blades had good geometry, and the general usability seemed downright decent. There's a good chance I'll go back and grab a couple more for my other bags, 'cause one of these along with a screwdriver and crescent wrench makes for the foundation of a halfway decent minimalist toolkit.

Looks like the deal is in store only though. I found it up front with the other Christmas gift packs and doodads.
    I saw that same deal at my HD earlier this week. I didn't buy it, but after your review I may just make a trip to HD today.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

I carry a Skeletool...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

I got that same tool (sidekick) last year for christmas. It's a great tool and part of my EDC. Blades are wicked sharp on it, and the tools work great.
    Of course it was close to $60 from LL bean. Lucky I traded in a stupid fleese blanket that my aunt gave me to get it. $20 is a steal for that fine tool.

I went by HD today and picked up two.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking350 View Post
    I went by HD today and picked up two.
    So Viking, what did you think? have you gotten to play with them yet?

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    So Viking, what did you think? have you gotten to play with them yet?
    Yeah. I love the sidekick. It is going in my truck as a general purpose tool. I was surprised at how handy the croc is. I put that on my keychain.

I went back and got the last 2 from my local home depot. Used up a store credit, and got one hell of a deal.

Dang it! I drove down close to an HD today and forgot about this post.
    I need to get me a couple more of them.