Thread: Beretta CX4 Questions

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Beretta CX4 Questions

Saw a new CX4 in .45 ACP, in a gun store, that I am giving some serious thought to, but figured I'd check here, first, to get some info.

It's new and comes with two mags. Costs $749.

Is this a decent price?

How is the quality and reliability?

Is it a finicky eater or will it digest anything you feed it?

I've been wanting a .45 ACP carbine for some time and saw this one today.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Sorry bud, I have zero experience with this one. I'd have to go to Beretta's web site and read up on it to have any input but it would be all opinion and no facts.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 12-31-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

http://www.berettausa.com/products/cx4-storm/ Went to Beretta USA's web site and see that the CX4 Storm rifles only come with an 8 shot magazine when in 45 ACP. Really that's no better in capacity than the newer 1911 magazines. BTW the MSRP is $950 so $750 is sounding decent. I would hope somebody makes better than just an 8 rounder for it.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Take a look at these prices:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/ber...-free-shipping

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

I have one in 9mm that I got in a trade. It has the factory vertical foregrip, bipod and a Burris Fastfire II on it. With that said I would have never bought one simply because it looked too impractical to me.

Now that I have it: I like it. It is very reliable, ergonomic and accurate. The factory trigger is squishy like a Glock or an AUG. There are trigger upgrades available and I bought one (Sierra Papa) but it is night and day different. Very crisp trigger now. Easily hit milk jugs and 2 liter Coke bottles at 100 yards. You can have the magwell changed out (it's easy and cheap) on the 9mm to take different mags but I'm not sure about .45. Check Sierra Papa's site. Mine takes Beretta 92 mags. It is very easily disassembled and cleaned.

The controls and ejection can be converted to fire either right or left hand.
    Last edited by jojo; 12-31-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I can only speak about the 9mm version. The one that used to be mine was and is 100% reliable with any ammo used. It is also more accurate than I am which makes me feel good. The problem with mine was that my daughter picked it up and showed me how accurate it really is, and like it so much that I wound up buying a second for myself.

As for the .45, other than the number of rounds the mag holds, it should be as good as the 9mm, which is to say a very accurate very reliable carbine.

There was one problem with the early 9mm which used the 92 mags, which was an issue with people not reading the manual and treating it like the series 92 pistol. Beretta designed the pistol to be top loaded meaning the extractor was designed to ride over the round and grab the rim. This was nice if you got into a situation where you lost the mag or the mag was damaged, you could still load and fire one round. When they came out with the Storm Carbine most people didn't read the manual which warned against loading a round directly into the chamber, that to get it fully loaded you should insert the loaded mag and chamber the round from the mag, then drop the mag and refill it. Many people treated it like the pistol, loading directly into the breech, which led to failures of the extractor. Beretta redesigned the extractor and as far as I know it is now ok to load the first round direct, but I personally would recommend against it. As always, check the manual if you get it.

If I ever had to sell my firearms, the Storm Carbine would be one of the last to go.

As for price, these days $750 at a local store is a reasonable price, and you are supporting the local economy.