Thread: Alien Gear Holsters...?

Alien Gear Holsters...?

Anyone have one? How do you like it? For $30 I placed an order for one to fit my Para 4.25" 1911. I'll report back when I receive it and have a chance to wear it a bit but in the meantime I'm interested in comments from other users. They are one of the hybrid leather/kydex IWB rigs like Crossbreed and others.

http://aliengearholsters.com/
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Looking forward to a report.

Free kydex trades for life, forever warranty and you can buy additional kydex to fit other guns you own. For like $12. Almost too good to be true.

If I were into IWB holster I'd probably buy one. Unfortunately, I carry a G26 in a basic Blackhawk Serpa paddle with a baggy t-shirt over it. I'm a big dude, so I wear baggy t-shirts anyway.

Never heard of them but I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    If I were into IWB holster I'd probably buy one. Unfortunately, I carry a G26 in a basic Blackhawk Serpa paddle with a baggy t-shirt over it. I'm a big dude, so I wear baggy t-shirts anyway.
    Of course different people have different preferences. I ended up selling my 27 because I just didn't carry it and it was the only gun I had in .40. So now I'm 9mm and .45ACP only.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

This brand is news to me. I am also looking to read your report on what you think of it once you get it.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Definitely post a review once you've wore it a while. I just looked at their holsters and they look pretty damn impressive as far as comfort and concealability are concerned.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Keep advised. Been carrying my Sig in a Falco for about a year and it does me fine. Would still be interested in info.
    Dan

If they're anything like the kholsters, which it looks like they are, they'll be a great comfortable IWB holster.

Ordered 2/15, shipped 3/3, arrived today 3/6. First impression is great. Arrived in USPS first class bubble bag, inside was the Alien Gear zip bag that contained holster, sticker, bag of spare hardware/allen key and a small instruction card.

The holster is at a 20* cant but you can adjust this either way by positioning the clips up or down. I moved the rear clip to the bottom position of 3 to further cant the holster. I left the front clip in the mid position. I like the detail of the molded kydex. There is a slight flare to accommodate the grip panel and the muzzle end is perfect.

The holster has adjustable tension for gun retention. There is no defined "click" but it hols snug. I ended up tightening the 4 retention screws about 2 full turns.

This thing looks good and is comfortable. I will need to wear it for a few weeks before I can say with certainty how I like it but initially it seems like a great product for $30.

Extra hardware...
    Last edited by TEN-32; 03-06-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice, looks like it should work well. I'm thinking of one for my G19.

Yes. I may order another kydex for my G19. I've been wearing this all afternoon and it really is comfortable. At the 4-4:30 position it just sort of disappears.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I'm boarder line sold on one thus far. But for $30 I ain't at much of a loss if it sucks.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

That looks like an awful lot of holster for $30. Good deal

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    That looks like an awful lot of holster for $30. Good deal
    That is my conclusion. Pretty happy with this.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Looks like a clone of the Cross Breed. Same exact design. I really like my mini super tuck. Fits my PF9 and Kahr9 equally well - was ordered for the PF.

My CB is made with horse-hide.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 03-07-2014 at 01:42 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Looks like a clone of the Cross Breed. Same exact design. I really like my mini super tuck. Fits my PF9 and Kahr9 equally well - was ordered for the PF.

My CB is made with horse-hide.
    Yes, there are a handful of these hybrid design IWB holsters. I have handled the Super Tuck and I liked it. This one takes solid aim at the market with a very aggressive price point. The clips are metal, the leather is thick and smooth, the kydex is nicely molded and thick, the hardware and rubber grommets are good. I wore mine around town running errands today. Can't say anything negative. I'm used to a J-Frame with a belt clip stock...literally forget the thing is there. This is a heavy 4.25" 1911 and I really didn't notice it until I hopped in the car and felt it between my back and the seat. So far this gear is 2 thumbs up.