Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GAME ON AND GEORGIA FIRES THE FIRST SHOT

Quote Originally Posted by Gator89 View Post
    The term Congress refers refers to both the Senate and the House of Representatives, the Congress equals the Legislative Branch.

The term Congressman refers to a member of the House of Representatives.

Per our Constitution spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives.

The Democratic controlled Senate just changed its rules to allow approval of some appointees with a simple majority vote instead of 60 yay votes. SCOTUS members still need 60 votes. These are internal rules set by the Senate, not by The Constitution.
    ok if this is true why the 17th amendment? why would it be needed?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    ok if this is true why the 17th amendment? why would it be needed?
    Prior to the 17th amendment U.S. Senators were selected by state legislatures. The Progressives convinced the sheeple that direct election would give the citizens more influence over whom served in the Senste. However, this was a major step in diluting the power of the States and State's rights.

Just think, if Senators were still selected by State Legislatures, then large cities like NYC and Chitcago would not be able to control those elections.

Whether it wears a D or an R, never trust a Progressive.

I got an email from the Birchers urging me not to support an Article V convention. Their concern is it could be highjacked. Mark Levin has explained why it can't and that an Article V is NOT the same as a Constitutional Convention. Even Article V explains it.

I agree the 17th Amendment should be shitcanned.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123