Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One day they'll clone dinosaurs...

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
    Can you imagine any critter that takes a "Dump" that weighs over 1,000 Lbs? How would you like to clean those messes off your lawn?
    I'll just make sure he aims over the fence

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I'll bet Putin has ridden a T-Rex. Hell, he's probably got one as a pet.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by stinker View Post
    I think you'll need a new t-rex soon...

I LOL at dinosaurs drawn wrong.

His tail would be rubbed raw walking like that.

This depiction is much more accurate:

Front and rear balanced, mass centered over the rear legs.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    The news would cover up all the dinosaur on white crime.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    The news would cover up all the dinosaur on white crime.
    Think off all the anti's that would not have enough firepower to protect themselves against a dino/mammoth charge. They will be begging for an AK after their first Jurassic experience.

I can picture it now, driving home in my stone and wood chariot car from the slate quarry. Wilma in the kitchen washing dishes with the mammoth trunk, pebbles playing with her pet t-rex. As I come in the door, dino shows his love by jumping up and going ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba as he knocks me flat on my ass. Thank god for cloning back to life extinct life forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

More like a tetter totter.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

That second picture isn't a T-Rex.
    Returns June 3rd.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    TELL THE BASTARDS TO HURRY UP! I want a set of mammoth ivory grips for the hi-point.
    Classic!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I thought I remember watching some science show awhile back, that said even if we could get enough DNA to clone a dinosaur, it wouldn't work due to the oxygen level in our atmosphere being 10 times lower today.
    The atmosphere is 21% oxygen. 10x would be over 100%... Somewhere before 30% things start spontaneous combustion and combustion becomes quite spectacular, uncontrollably spectacular. It is highly doubtful the 02 level has ever been over around 23% or so... the spectacular combustion turns the O2 in to oxides really quick when it is...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    That second picture isn't a T-Rex.
    Never said it was. I was pointing out the balanced stance depicted. But you knew that. You just had to fuck with me. I understand.

"Originally Posted by Partisan1983

I thought I remember watching some science show awhile back, that said even if we could get enough DNA to clone a dinosaur, it wouldn't work due to the oxygen level in our atmosphere being 10 times lower today."

They're just big lizards, and we have lizards thiving all over the world today, some of them are fairly big, I seriously doubt a need for more oxygen. They'll find viable dna in a mamoth, splice it into an elephant egg, fertilise it, a few generations of that and mamoths will once again trumpet mighty fart blasts upon the earth. Then they'll be looking for a better trick, dinosaurs. Or one will be found alive in some backwater or ocean depth somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    The atmosphere is 21% oxygen. 10x would be over 100%... Somewhere before 30% things start spontaneous combustion and combustion becomes quite spectacular, uncontrollably spectacular. It is highly doubtful the 02 level has ever been over around 23% or so... the spectacular combustion turns the O2 in to oxides really quick when it is...
    Actually he had it backwards. oxygen levels were likely much lower and remained low after the Permian mega extinction. It is speculated that they remained low during most of the Cenozoic era and only started to climb again during the late cretaceous. That is why dinosaurs/birds were the masters of the Cenozoic over mammals with their more efficient breathing capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post

Must not have been oxygen. But I remember them saying something about our atmosphere today is very different from 100 million years ago.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    "Originally Posted by Partisan1983

I thought I remember watching some science show awhile back, that said even if we could get enough DNA to clone a dinosaur, it wouldn't work due to the oxygen level in our atmosphere being 10 times lower today."

They're just big lizards, and we have lizards thiving all over the world today, some of them are fairly big, I seriously doubt a need for more oxygen. They'll find viable dna in a mamoth, splice it into an elephant egg, fertilise it, a few generations of that and mamoths will once again trumpet mighty fart blasts upon the earth. Then they'll be looking for a better trick, dinosaurs. Or one will be found alive in some backwater or ocean depth somewhere.
    Dinosaurs are not lizards. The word "dinosaur" comes from Greek "deinos" (dread, terror, fear, etc...) and"sauros" (lizard).

They were named "dinosaurs" because the person who first tried to assemble fossil bones to see what the animal looked like but put it together incorrectly. He thought the animal looked like a lizard, hence the incorrect name.

Examining the skeletal structure of "dinosaurs" clearly shows that they are built exactly like BIRDS. They have hollow bones, the same pelvic structure as a bird, the same foot design with three forward and one rearward facing digit. The spinal structure, rib cage layout and everything else is the same as birds.

And, of course, as you know many "dinosaur" fossils have even been found with feathers. Probably a lot more species had feathers, but were lost during fossilization due to being fragile.

The "dinosaur" population may have been thinned out by that asteroid impact, but they didn't go extinct. They fly all around us and shit on our cars. And we eat them for Thanksgiving dinner.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    What a great firearm board to get a sort of lecture on dinosaurs.

Just remember, like "facts" on firearms, this thread is full of similar "issues". Otherwise, enjoy trying to imagine a child's dream of walking safely among the greatest animals ever to roam the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    What a great firearm board to get a sort of lecture on dinosaurs.

Just remember, like "facts" on firearms, this thread is full of similar "issues". Otherwise, enjoy trying to imagine a child's dream of walking safely among the greatest animals ever to roam the Earth.
    Since the earth is around 4.5 BILLION years old, while dinosaurs were here and gone millions of years ago, there might have been other kinds of life before the dinosaurs who's fossils have long since turned to dust and cannot be found.

There may have even been a "mankind" that evolved, developed technology, then wiped themselves out through stupidty. With buildings made out of steel and concrete, and historical records stored on paper and electronic devices, there would be nothing left to find after even only 10,000 years after they died off.

Interesting thought.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Since the earth is around 4.5 BILLION years old, while dinosaurs were here and gone millions of years ago, there might have been other kinds of life before the dinosaurs who's fossils have long since turned to dust and cannot be found.

There may have even been a "mankind" that evolved, developed technology, then wiped themselves out through stupidty. With buildings made out of steel and concrete, and historical records stored on paper and electronic devices, there would be nothing left to find after even only 10,000 years after they died off.

Interesting thought.

You mean the Silurians?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silurian_%28Doctor_Who%29
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Interesting thought.

Sorry there is no way that many years can be extrapolated from our science. Just because someone says it doesn't make it so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast