Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having Global Warming fun on Brit Web Site

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Having Global Warming fun on Brit Web Site

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...commentpage=11

Why are so many so stupid when it comes to science? There is no such thing as consensus in science nor settled science. Anybody using those terms in referring to science is lying to you. Do a search on scientific method, all science is based on experimentation and gathering data to support a hypothesis. You then publish the findings for review by other scientists. If they find no flaw and can repeat your experiment or collect data with the same repeatable results, your hypothesis becomes a research supported theory until someone else disproves or modifies your hypothesis through use of the same scientific method. All science is open to further investigation and one person doing good research can change any part of it.

The global warmers/climate change religious zealots claim they can control it through regulation of carbon dioxide/carbon monoxide, a minor green house gas and one that is not very effective.

First, most, almost all, carbon oxides are created by nature not humans and nothing can be done about that unless you can do away with breathing animals, volcanoes and lighting caused forest fires.

Second, they cannot explain how they are going to control the #1 green house gas water vapor. Yes, clouds that are 96% of the green house effect. What are they going to do, drain the oceans?

Climate change is a flat earth pseudo-science that is financed by people profiting from the ignorant and stupid.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/greenhouse_data.html
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

this does not say 1 word about water vapor. http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/ghg...ons/gases.html
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

One of many of my points... I ask questions of science and they respond with political answers...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

In the years to come (if there are any where man still exists and any history is remembered) these last few decades will be remembered as the beginning of the new dark ages.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    In the years to come (if there are any where man still exists and any history is remembered) these last few decades will be remembered as the beginning of the new dark ages.
    Possibly this.

Here ya go, this is what they are preaching over there in merry ole eng ger lund;

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I always tell people that I agree with the "fact" that we are in a period of global warming. I site the fact that not too long ago (compared to the age of the earth) Indiana was under a sheet of ice estimated to be over 5 thousand feet thick!!!! Yes, Indiana was under a mile thick sheet of ice. Since there is no ice in Indiana now, must be global warming caused by the SUVs that the Mammoths drove, dirty gas vehicle driven by saber tooth tigers, and those darned coal burning ovens used by the other no longer with us animals.

You have more tenacity than I. That is one tsunami of Kool-Aid you are fighting!
    As someone there pointed out it is impossible to determine IF there is a separation between GW and AGW. More disturbing to me is a movement of people hell bent on intentionally monkeying around with global weather patterns. THAT is pretty much guaranteed to result in mistakes and unintended consequencese
    CHOOT UM!

Remember back in the 80's we were being told that we are loosing the rain forests through the locals cutting everything down?
    Well they were telling us that its these rain forests were responsible for creating rain and other weather patterns for the planet.
    Maybe (if it was true) its the loss of the rain forests that's causing all of these droughts in Cali and the other western states....

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by Goodman View Post
    You have more tenacity than I. That is one tsunami of Kool-Aid you are fighting!
    As someone there pointed out it is impossible to determine IF there is a separation between GW and AGW. More disturbing to me is a movement of people hell bent on intentionally monkeying around with global weather patterns. THAT is pretty much guaranteed to result in mistakes and unintended consequencese
    The truth is they can't really effect the weather even if they want to... A carbon tax is just another way to extract money from people and control the energy market. Man-made Carbon Dioxide is only 0.28% of the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect is only <5% of the factor in total warming / cooling. They cannot change the weather at all, but they can make life miserable for the rest of us...

1350+ Peer-Reviewed Papers Supporting Skeptic Arguments Against ACC/AGW Alarm

http://www.populartechnology.net/200...upporting.html

Seems you missed a few...
    I got banned by the Aussies....

http://www.independentaustralia.net/...l-warming,6094

He seems to have missed about 1350 peer reviewed articles when saying only one supported the non-human caused global warming, oops I mean climate change... LMAO!

the Finger lakes in N.Y. caused by the glaciers you are talking about.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Well, at the end of the day comments got locked at the Brit link and the Aussie link not only deleted my post, but banned my Discus account in a single post...

LOL @ the "tolerant" left...

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Well, at the end of the day comments got locked at the Brit link and the Aussie link not only deleted my post, but banned my Discus account in a single post...

LOL @ the "tolerant" left...
    Tells you about everything you need to know.

These people, as you know, have ditched God and started worshiping this hunk of rock we're riding on. Tree hugers = Pagans.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Why are so many so stupid when it comes to science? There is no such thing as consensus in science nor settled science.
    I'm not even going to bother trying to explain confidence levels and what scientists mean when they say there is "overwhelming consensus" on an issue.

I just hope some of you ostriches with your heads stuck in the sand live long enough to see what's coming. Katrina was child's play compared to the super-hurricanes and coastal flooding that are in store for us soon.

It sure is amazing though how when scientists warned the world about the ozone depleting in the atmosphere back in the 1980's (with far less evidence and detailed studies than there have been put out about global warming, by the way) you didn't have any of this nay-saying as we see today. No, the world's governments didn't equivocate and see-saw over whether humans were causing it, they simply did what needed to be done and curbed the use of CFCs, and sure as the sun does rise, the ozone layer began recovering.

But since this current issue threatens the fossil-fuel industry, out came the well-funded propaganda machinery and their bought off right-wing think tanks... you can thank the Koch Brothers for that.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I'm not even going to bother trying to explain confidence levels and what scientists mean when they say there is "overwhelming consensus" on an issue.

I just hope some of you ostriches with your heads stuck in the sand live long enough to see what's coming. Katrina was child's play compared to the super-hurricanes and coastal flooding that are in store for us soon.

It sure is amazing though how when scientists warned the world about the ozone depleting in the atmosphere back in the 1980's (with far less evidence and detailed studies than there have been put out about global warming, by the way) you didn't have any of this nay-saying as we see today. No, the world's governments didn't equivocate and see-saw over whether humans were causing it, they simply did what needed to be done and curbed the use of CFCs, and sure as the sun does rise, the ozone layer began recovering.

But since this current issue threatens the fossil-fuel industry, out came the well-funded propaganda machinery and their bought off right-wing think tanks... you can thank the Koch Brothers for that.
    Disregarding your nonsense about Katrina...what is the Globull warming equivalent of curbing CFCs?

Returning the world to the stone age? Will that satisfy you?
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Disregarding your nonsense about Katrina...what is the Globull warming equivalent of curbing CFCs?

Returning the world to the stone age? Will that satisfy you?
    Here's a novel idea: why don't we actually TRY curbing our global Greenhouse emissions, say 10%, and see if it has any effect on the rate the planet is warming over, say, a 5-year time span?

Could we all agree, with this easily falsifiable scientific experiment on a global scale, if the rate of warming slows down, there may be some merit to the scientists' claims?

On the other hand, if the rate of warming DOESN'T slow down, we could then conclude that human actions have little to do with it?

I mean, hell, we could settle the "debate" right then and there and move on to more pressing things.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Here's a novel idea: why don't we actually TRY curbing our global Greenhouse emissions, say 10%, and see if it has any effect on the rate the planet is warming over, say, a 5-year time span?

Could we all agree, with this easily falsifiable scientific experiment on a global scale, if the rate of warming slows down, there may be some merit to the scientists' claims?

On the other hand, if the rate of warming DOESN'T slow down, we could then conclude that human actions have little to do with it?

I mean, hell, we could settle the "debate" right then and there and move on to more pressing things.
    The fact that the earth has cooled over the last 10+ years without doing anything would already seem to prove that...

Wanna try again?

Here is where I ROTFLMAO!!!

Made made gasses amount to .28 of the green house effect. Your 10% is now .028%, how much effect is that going to have?

96% of green house effect is water vapor, how are you going to limit that?

Now let's play with over all effect.

An active volcano puts out in one week the pollution all humans do in a year. You're job is now to stop volcanoes. How are you going to do that?

The green house effect is >5% of the heating and cooling of the earth. The two solar cycles, flares and spots, the orbital cycles and multiple long term cycles that are not even understood make up 95%. Just how are you going to control the sun, the galactic center and the orbit of the other planets?

The fact that the earth has cooled over the last 10+ years without doing anything would already seem to prove that...
    Actually, the years between 2001 and 2012 were among the warmest on record:

You can't deny the earth is warming -- in fact, we SHOULD be in a cooling phase right now at this point in the thermal cycle, but something is terribly amiss lately, because the usual pattern isn't holding. Any guesses what that might be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast